Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:56 PM

219 posts, read 588,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I know this thread is about sushi, but I figure if you like sushi you might also really like Vietnamese food. So, I want to put a plug in for the BEST in Charlotte - Pho 98 on South Blvd

Ohhhh....thank you for that! I love Vietnamese!!!! Nice add in!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 04:18 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,966,617 times
Has anyone tried Jade at Ballantyne Village?

Old 04-29-2008, 05:10 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,802,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Has anyone tried Jade at Ballantyne Village?
I was just going to suggest Jade. It's my favorite!!! Prior to that, I was a regular at Sushi 101. Jade wins hands down!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,389,863 times
umm that is what I heard but I also heard their scores werent so good, so I stayed away...but if it beats Sushi 101 which is our friday night dinner with the kids then we shall try Jade..

Old 04-29-2008, 08:24 PM

174 posts, read 486,386 times
I'm telling you: Nikkos is right across the street from Jade, and better. Fresher, larger portions, better prices, colder beer, much more consistent. The best thing about Jade is the ambience (but, you can't eat it) and the cucumber roll (a roll rolled in a cucumber, with an excellent ponzu).

Thanks for the Vietnamese suggestion -- I can't wait to try it. I think that place is next to Big Lots, right? There's an excellent Indian place in there, too.

MC

Old 04-29-2008, 08:30 PM

see and we arent fans of Nikko its good not great, HOWEVER I do LOVE their salad and dressing where sushi 101 is YUK..lol...and sushi 101 has the Best Edenami (sp?) but I do think Nikkois a bit expensive compared to..Sushi 101 and you get more with sushi 101 at least in this location we havent tried any of the others.. in the Promanade is def fresher...

Old 04-30-2008, 08:08 AM

174 posts, read 486,386 times
Isn't it weird how we can all have different opinions about this? (I say this with a smile.) I also sometimes wonder, with a sushi place on practically every corner (and this is in EVERY city and town all over, it seems!), where's all this TUNA coming from?!

The best sushi I ever had was at a restaurant... in Phoenix Arizona! In the middle of the desert! (Laughing!)

I have had a lot of fun trying all these places in Charlotte, tho.

I think if you find one that's consistently great, always fresh and a good value, you should definitely stick with it and consider yourself lucky.

MC

Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 AM

I Agree............... I dont do the Tuna...LOL....my favorite are the philly rolls, the crab rolls, etc...my dh LOVES the spicy tuna rolls..

Old 04-30-2008, 08:54 AM

219 posts, read 588,988 times
Not me! Bring on the eel!!! It's the only way to go! And tuna, and spicy tuna, and salmon, and roe, and...well hell...all of it! With LOTS of wasabi!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:57 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,432,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I know this thread is about sushi, but I figure if you like sushi you might also really like Vietnamese food. So, I want to put a plug in for the BEST in Charlotte - Pho 98 on South Blvd
I just sent this to one of my coworkers who USED to eat there:

Mecklenburg County, NC - Digital Health Department

Have all employees properly wash their hands as required by the rules. Hands must be thoroughly washed in an approved, designated hand washing sink with warm water and soap, then dried by an approved method before preparing food. Observed an employee clearing dirty dishes from the table, preparing food and touching clean plates without washing their hands in the kitchen. The employee stated they washed their hands in the bathroom and then came into the kitchen to prepare food. CDI-The situation was discussed with the employee. SEE item # 21.

Stay away...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte