Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2008, 01:24 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,784,774 times

Advertisements

Hey All,
My son is visiting CPCC and taking his placement test on Tuesday. He is staying with my friend on Monday and will have only that day to drive around a little and do some sight seeing. My friend lives in Waxhaw area. We need some ideas where she can take him to get him excited about moving down there and going to a school that was not his "first choice". He was accepted to APP State but due to not being able to claim NC residency until next year it is not in the budget. He loves music (majoring in music education), sports, cool restarunts. He is almost 18 and my friend is pretty cool for her age and doesn't mind taking him anywhere. Any suggestions would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 01:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
Hey All,
My son is visiting CPCC and taking his placement test on Tuesday. He is staying with my friend on Monday and will have only that day to drive around a little and do some sight seeing. My friend lives in Waxhaw area. We need some ideas where she can take him to get him excited about moving down there and going to a school that was not his "first choice". He was accepted to APP State but due to not being able to claim NC residency until next year it is not in the budget. He love music (majoring in music education), sports, cool restarunts. He is almost 18 and my friend is pretty cool for her age and doesn't mind taking him anywhere. Any suggestions would be great.
This would be my first suggestion...tell her to drive to the light rail parking lot at I485 and South Blvd, leave the car and take the light rail uptown. This is a great way to see uptown without having to worry about parking. They'll go right past the NFL stadium and our new NBA arena close to where the line actually ends. There are many interesting restuarants and public spaces to just check out uptown. After they retrace their route and get back to the car have her drive him to South Park Mall if he's into shops like Abacrombie & Fitch or Hollister. On Tuesday when he goes for his test she can drive him around Plaza Midwood and the Elizabeth neighborhood (where CPCC is located). They should not miss the chance to get a hamburger at The Penguin in Plaza Midwood - lots of interesting places all along that strip that might interest him. For music you'd have to see what's going on on a Monday night (usually not much I'm afraid) at either Tremont Music Hall, Amos' Southend or Neighborhood theater. Those are all places that frequently have "all ages" shows where kids his age can go.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:40 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,784,774 times
Thanks Loves those are great ideas!!!!!! I send this to my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte