Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 02:23 PM

6 posts, read 5,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiaYoda View Post
Is the neighborhood in Mecklenburg or Union county?
Thanks, LeiaYoda. It's in Mecklenburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMI View Post
You can order county level CD of voter registration data from the state. I will admit that I don't know if it includes all of the data columns that are captured.

I do remember that Mecklenburg used to offer all of this data as a free download from the board of elections website. But it has been several years since I went looking for it. It was a huge text file that I had to load into Microsoft Access to examine it.
Thanks, SGMI. It's a brand-new one not all have moved in.
I will give it a try of what you suggested. I'm pretty comfortable of looking at large files.

Old 11-15-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
How are you defining a "neighborhood"? You mean a subdivision of a few dozen or a few hundred houses? I'm trying to imagine how you'd find that level of data for an established neighborhood.
Thanks, Royal James. Yes, by "neighborhood," I meant a subdivision with a few hundred houses.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,660 times
Hi All,
There is some good information on this forum Already but its from 2016. So asking the same question.
We recently moved to Charlotte and planning to buy a house. We are looking for good schools and our price range is upto 400k. We don’t have kids right now but planning to take a house in good school area. Can you suggest some good communities? PS: we are ok with old or new homes. But looking for good spacious homes

Old 11-15-2020, 05:48 PM

773 posts, read 645,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skesi View Post
Hi All,
There is some good information on this forum Already but its from 2016. So asking the same question.
We recently moved to Charlotte and planning to buy a house. We are looking for good schools and our price range is upto 400k. We don’t have kids right now but planning to take a house in good school area. Can you suggest some good communities? PS: we are ok with old or new homes. But looking for good spacious homes
You're better off starting a new thread, as your question really doesn't have anything to do with thetopic of this one.

There are lots of good places to live. I think the first question to ask is where are you working and how long of a commute would you like? From there its much easier to narrow it down.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:52 AM

356 posts, read 370,648 times
This site does a great job but doesn’t break it down by neighborhood

Old 11-20-2020, 12:33 PM

570 posts, read 546,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTLI View Post
Hello, I was wondering if there is any way that I could get a rough idea of the race composition of a newly established neighborhood? Many thanks.
You might want to look for the Mecklenburg crime maps that indicate crime in all areas. That way, you can look at certain areas and then research neighborhoods that are within that area.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:15 PM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
You have to have people's (exact) names in order to search voter registration records.
There is one site that has demographic info where all you would need is one person's name and then it will list the neighbors below that you can click on.

I'm not sure if we are allowed to list other sites or put links in a post so if the OP would like it just private message me.

Old 11-25-2020, 03:44 AM

773 posts, read 645,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
There is one site that has demographic info where all you would need is one person's name and then it will list the neighbors below that you can click on.
Ok, but I was referring specifically to the County's Board of Elections voter search option.

Old 11-25-2020, 03:13 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,035 times
If you want to find out 100% if you really like and want to live in a certain area this is easy to do. Forget about race and ethnicity etc. Go to the neighborhood late on any Friday or Saturday night (10:30pm to 1am) and park your car. Then get out and go for a slow walk for several blocks around where you parked.IF you feel the need to hurry back to your car maybe you are in the wrong neighborhood.....lol ps maybe wear running shoes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: