Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2021, 02:11 PM

53 posts, read 97,367 times

Advertisements

I am currently looking for an apartment but I am having trouble because of my credit. I have some collections on my credit file but no evictions. At my full time job my income is around $3,000 a month. I also do food delivery (door dash, uber eats) and make around $1,000 a month doing that. I am looking for a one bedroom apartment with rent around $1,100 month. I wanted to know if anyone had recommendations of any places that might approve me with my credit issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 06:09 PM

607 posts, read 556,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empower77 View Post
I am currently looking for an apartment but I am having trouble because of my credit. I have some collections on my credit file but no evictions. At my full time job my income is around $3,000 a month. I also do food delivery (door dash, uber eats) and make around $1,000 a month doing that. I am looking for a one bedroom apartment with rent around $1,100 month. I wanted to know if anyone had recommendations of any places that might approve me with my credit issues.
Would you rent to someone with a history of not paying their bills?

Old 07-01-2021, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 747 times
Quote:
hello ! well it really doesn't look very good for you that situation, I know if you can get an approval with some credit problem, but if you manage to improve your situation, I am currently residing in Charlotte, I was also looking like you for something smaller for me and it really became much better when I got a good realtor charlotte, who helped me and everything has been excellent since then my advice is to look for a professional in the area and advise you well.
Good luck!
te recomiendo el mio alzaterealty.com/

Old 07-02-2021, 02:53 PM

573 posts, read 551,616 times
Quote:
Tent city may have an open mind and accept your credit history.

Last edited by Yac; 07-04-2021 at 11:02 PM..

Old 07-04-2021, 01:43 PM

15 posts, read 11,388 times
Try an extended stay. I don’t know if the do credit checks but I used them when I travelled for work. You have a tough situation.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,226 times
Quote:
I’m sorry about your situation and the serious lack of empathy here. I have 2 kids, 25 and 20, who both rented places and it was hard (we even co-signed for the older one despite his good credit and making $38k/yr).
Why don’t you consider renting a room? You could possibly find a private arrangement. There are lots of situations out in the University area for students and the like. It’s $650 a month for my son to rent a bedroom in a 4 BR condo as a UNCC student.
Maybe you could go in with someone who can get the lease in their name?

Basically, you’ll need to find a private/subletting scenario and avoid property management places like the plague. Also offering to pay as much upfront as you can might help - maybe 2 month’s security?
Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: