Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 03:54 PM

170 posts, read 286,630 times

Advertisements

I’m the opposite-lived in Fort Mill for 10 years, now in Charleston( Mt Pleasant) Look at Baxter Village in Fort Mill. Baxter is very close to stores, 77 expressway. I absolutely loved the 10+ miles of wooded, hilly, nature trails throughout the neighborhood. You don’t see the trails when driving around, but they are there. Kids can play in the woods and you don’t have to drive to a park! It’s a very unique advantage to the neighborhood. The yards in Baxter are small, houses are close together. But, the amenities and closeness to schools are good. Traffic and growth are issues all around Charlotte, including Fort Mill. The disadvantage is that can be a long drive to your relatives in Mooresville area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 05:28 PM

60 posts, read 44,133 times
The op should be a perfect fit for this area as a very liberal element from the NE US permeates this region.

After all, the local ‘prime directive’ is ‘equal outcomes for all’ and openly welcome ALL ‘undocumented travelers'. I live in a small white enclave (20 homes) in NW Charlotte surrounded by a larger ‘mixed neighborhood’ (majority black).

Just watched a ‘young man’ (gangbanger?) in an older Mercedes S class slowly cruise every street and by every house of what is a fancy cul de sac with several dead end side streets. Fortunately, many of my security cameras recorded him.

We also have a well earned reputation of being armed to the teeth, and for very good reasons. Even well known, expensive Charlotte neighborhoods experience violent crime on a regular basis so the choice is yours.

Welcome to ‘equal outcomes for all’.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:12 AM

58 posts, read 61,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean1996 View Post
The op should be a perfect fit for this area as a very liberal element from the NE US permeates this region.

After all, the local ‘prime directive’ is ‘equal outcomes for all’ and openly welcome ALL ‘undocumented travelers'. I live in a small white enclave (20 homes) in NW Charlotte surrounded by a larger ‘mixed neighborhood’ (majority black).

Just watched a ‘young man’ (gangbanger?) in an older Mercedes S class slowly cruise every street and by every house of what is a fancy cul de sac with several dead end side streets. Fortunately, many of my security cameras recorded him.

We also have a well earned reputation of being armed to the teeth, and for very good reasons. Even well known, expensive Charlotte neighborhoods experience violent crime on a regular basis so the choice is yours.

Welcome to ‘equal outcomes for all’.

WTF are you talking about?

Old 08-28-2021, 06:42 PM

6 posts, read 5,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTCDR View Post
WTF are you talking about?
I’m rather confused myself. I cannot follow this poster’s point or what assumptions about me are being said.

Old 08-28-2021, 07:30 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,646,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redonthemove View Post
Appreciate your input. SC is pretty bad at managing growth in general. We are currently 45 mins out from downtown Charleston now, so Fort Mill is probably similar. Traffic is a mess here too. Charleston is a few decades behind on roads/retail/grocery for all the growth.
Regarding infrastructure, the Charleston area is light years ahead of the SC areas that border CLT. If given a choice between both States, it's one of a few reasons why I favor NC over SC. That isn't to say that NC communities are traffic free, but SCDOT is still hindered by a "we're a rural State" mentality when it comes to planning. NC's roads suffer from insufficient travel laneage, but in developed areas, the roads are equipped with turning lanes galore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte