Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 10:43 AM

425 posts, read 420,824 times

Advertisements

Well the equiet was nice while it lasted... Apparently enough people are in uptown that he feels like interrupting people's lunchtime again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2021, 08:51 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,805,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMI View Post
Well the equiet was nice while it lasted... Apparently enough people are in uptown that he feels like interrupting people's lunchtime again.
I saw dude outside the Panthers fan fest on Friday. A woman clapped back at him about gay rights or something. I’m preparing clapbacks mentally if I run into him.

Old 08-10-2021, 08:11 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,975,307 times
He is incredibly annoying but so are all the Jesus Saves signs posted on every other lamp post, and the crosses made on my stop signs and stop lights with duct tape, the people who stand at the intersection of Steele Creek Rd and S Tryon and knock on my window every single day with fliers for some church thing and the lady in my neighborhood who will not stop making weird ornament looking things with just pages of nonsense fire and brim stone ranting inside of them and hanging them on everyone's door . etc. the constant in your face Christianity propaganda can wear you down .

Old 08-10-2021, 08:19 AM

5,466 posts, read 6,090,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
He is incredibly annoying but so are all the Jesus Saves signs posted on every other lamp post, and the crosses made on my stop signs and stop lights with duct tape, the people who stand at the intersection of Steele Creek Rd and S Tryon and knock on my window every single day with fliers for some church thing and the lady in my neighborhood who will not stop making weird ornament looking things with just pages of nonsense fire and brim stone ranting inside of them and hanging them on everyone's door . etc. the constant in your face Christianity propaganda can wear you down .
^^^^^^^^EXACTLY!!!

I also get tired of the trash they leave in the medians at all the intersections where they "work". Empty water bottles are always left behind... along with echos of their misguided religious sentiments.

Old 08-10-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
^^^^^^^^EXACTLY!!!

I also get tired of the trash they leave in the medians at all the intersections where they "work". Empty water bottles are always left behind... along with echos of their misguided religious sentiments.

you mean like this. Yah well aware of that issue here in Steele Creek. I took those photos here. Theres been tons of posts made in our community page about not only this but the crime as well. Hearing gunshots has been an issue already but there's an uptick as well as just shootings in general, lots of break ins etc.. they keep building and building and a lot of it is low income housing and that doesn't exactly bring in the desirable type. Charlotte has been on a large upswing of crime recently anyways and I think some of it is in part due to the large homeless population..

Old 08-10-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
^^^^^^^^EXACTLY!!!

Don't get me started on what they're doing to the lakes either. They go down to lake Wylie to shoot up and throw the needles in the water. When I tell you I've seen dozens while just walking along the shores. I think it got so bad down by Papa Docs they had to fence off the parking lot. I won't let my kiddo near that water. There was an OD just this morning down by lake wylie actually. Got the alert on my citizens app.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:07 AM

5,466 posts, read 6,090,402 times
Easy now!

I agree with you on the corner/stoplight Jesus freaks, let's not go overboard with citing the negativity. Lots of positive aspects of Charlotte and vicinity.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Easy now!

I agree with you on the corner/stoplight Jesus freaks, let's not go overboard with citing the negativity. Lots of positive aspects of Charlotte and vicinity.

simply stating what im seeing. it is what it is

Old 08-10-2021, 10:02 AM

21,030 posts, read 27,333,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
the people who stand at the intersection of Steele Creek Rd and S Tryon and knock on my window every single day with fliers for some church thing
Are panhandling, vagrancy, prostitution, and drug dealing at the intersection illegal and enforced?

Old 08-10-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Are panhandling, vagrancy, prostitution, and drug dealing at the intersection illegal and enforced?

It is illegal but I think they're overwhelmed with them. I see them constantly but nothing is done, at least in Steele Creek. I mean they're all over. I think the cops just have better things to do in the city than go after this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte