Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 04:06 PM

157 posts, read 106,348 times

Advertisements

Anyone been through Mt. Holly?

Mostly trailer parks.... check
Addicts at least every 3/4 mile.... check
Mostly clunkers going down the road... check
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 08:02 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Welp what do you suppose we do about it?

Old 09-17-2021, 12:30 AM

1,655 posts, read 776,517 times
It was your average small southern town up until releively recent times…what do you want it to be? And I’m not sure where you’re driving to see mostly trailer parks…realtor.com has the median home price at $299k. I see plenty of homes in Mt Holly listed at $500k+ so obviously not all people view Mt Holly the same as you.

Old 09-17-2021, 05:21 AM

5,459 posts, read 6,058,580 times
We drive through Mt Holly several times a month, none of the above noted.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:55 AM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,655,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24gf424g View Post
Anyone been through Mt. Holly?

Mostly trailer parks.... check
Addicts at least every 3/4 mile.... check
Mostly clunkers going down the road... check
Silliest post I have ever read.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:56 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,964,041 times
Maybe the OP is looking for meth and typical city-data then complaining that the meth areas aren't good enough and like where they came from....

Old 09-19-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Maybe the OP is looking for meth and typical city-data then complaining that the meth areas aren't good enough and like where they came from....
No thanks... Tell your cousin to keep selling to their relatives and leave us "yankees" out of it...

I like that because the internet says the market is a quarter-million there isn't a trailer park every eighth of a mile on 273 and 27.... If you pay a quarter-million next to a mobile home park your money didn't come from intelligence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
It was your average small southern town up until releively recent times…what do you want it to be? And I’m not sure where you’re driving to see mostly trailer parks…realtor.com has the median home price at $299k. I see plenty of homes in Mt Holly listed at $500k+ so obviously not all people view Mt Holly the same as you.
Explains why the old affluent southern families can't sale fast enough... No offense, but if it was so wholesome why did you knowingly sale to developers? I first came here in the early 90s and owners were already planning their escape...

Last edited by 24gf424g; 09-19-2021 at 11:20 AM..

Old 09-19-2021, 11:56 AM

1,655 posts, read 776,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24gf424g View Post
No thanks... Tell your cousin to keep selling to their relatives and leave us "yankees" out of it...

I like that because the internet says the market is a quarter-million there isn't a trailer park every eighth of a mile on 273 and 27.... If you pay a quarter-million next to a mobile home park your money didn't come from intelligence...

Explains why the old affluent southern families can't sale fast enough... No offense, but if it was so wholesome why did you knowingly sale to developers? I first came here in the early 90s and owners were already planning their escape...
You’re sounding irrational. Do you have any data on the number of trailer parks vs other small historically rural towns in the Charlotte metro (and Gaston County)? Where are these old affluent families moving to once they sale whatever it is you say they are selling? From the looks of the market, it appears people from other places can’t get into Mt Holly (and Belmont) fast enough.

Just for kicks I looked through Zillow and of the 131 listings in Mt Holly, I saw ***1*** “trailer” listed for sale. A double wide on 8 acres. TONS of new construction though…so whatever ratio of trailers to stick built homes you have in your head…it looks like the trailers will soon be drowned out by the massive amounts of new construction.

And get this…in 2009 Mt Holly had a population of 10,000 people…today it has a population of nearly 17,000 which makes it 4th out of Charlotte’s 24 fastest growing suburbs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gas...etting-started

Did getting outbid on some homes in Mt Holly sour you towards the entire place?

Old 09-19-2021, 12:06 PM

"data"

You want me to dig through county records and build stats off of manufactured parcel zoning when it's visible day or night just driving down 273 and 27? Wait.... That probably sounds sensible to you.. Nevermind..

It's actually impossible to go to the area and record video without inadvertently proving me right... But go on trying to sale paying a quarter million to live around mobile home parks; because you're so honest and stuff...

Old 09-19-2021, 12:25 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,808,209 times
I'm from Mount Holly. The city has definitely grown from what it once was. Lots more transplants. Lil cheaper than Mecklenburg County. Mount Holly is what you make of it. I personally moved away years ago. I outgrew the city. Some people like small towns. I preferred a larger more metropolitan area. To each his/her own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte