Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:32 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times

Advertisements

Ok here is the scoop...

for those living in the Cuthburtson School District you should be very pleased with these decisions...

The Middle School Principals: Mrs Laura Healy (Asst Principal at Marvin Ridge Middle)

Principal for Cuthburtson HS: Rob Jackson (former principal of Marvin Elem) and (Parkwood HS) who happens to be the best so im told by many many parents who were in Marvin Elem....

so there you have it...

Sorry for the bad spelling

Last edited by Swimmom32; 05-22-2008 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: Bad Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 03:46 PM

810 posts, read 2,291,475 times
Well I don't know who these people are but I'm happy to take your word on their reputations. Anything on the name of the school?

Old 05-22-2008, 03:48 PM

no I think the parents get to choose...Im hoping someone from the Marivn Schools who has had rob jackson at Marvin Elem....they can tell u more about him and how fabulous he is supposed to be...

Old 05-22-2008, 04:35 PM

175 posts, read 546,038 times
Rob Jackson is FABULOUS!!! I am so jealous...he is such a wonderful man and Principal! We had him at Marvin and he really did special things with that school...the kids LOVED him and he really made that school a special place.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:09 AM

825 posts, read 2,818,853 times
Enquirer Journal article today noted those two changes and these as well:

Dr. Doreen Dotalo - Principal at Monroe High School, currently interim Principal at MHS.

Jan Hollis - Principal at Parkwood High School, currently at Weddington Middle

Old 05-23-2008, 02:31 PM

I am assuming those going to weddington middle will be thrilled that she is going to Parkwood, as when we were looking to buy in weddington she wouldnt give us the time or day to speak to us or give us a tour of the school....

Old 05-30-2008, 08:57 PM

I must add that I did try numerous of times as well as quite a few other posters from CD last year to get a tour of the school, and well the answer was we dont give tours, but yet Marvin Ridge was more than accomidating to do so.....

Old 05-30-2008, 10:20 PM

285 posts, read 1,090,735 times
Default Correct assumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
I am assuming those going to weddington middle will be thrilled that she is going to Parkwood, as when we were looking to buy in weddington she wouldnt give us the time or day to speak to us or give us a tour of the school....
I would agree with the above assumption. I do not think that she will be missed. I have had four children in this school. It has been a punitive and controlling environment, and non parent friendly, in my humble opinion. I have seen so many families who have had situations that were mishandled here.

I wonder what the Parkwood community thinks.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:32 AM

my friend and I were thinking the same thing. I know when I spoke to some parents at parkwood they were devestated that Rob Jackson was leaving the HS...and with the bad rap that this principal has they arent too happy about it. There were also alot of developments in the parkwood school district that will now go to "C" and well obviously they are thrilled...

Old 05-31-2008, 09:04 AM

285 posts, read 1,090,735 times
It will be tough to follow in Rob Jackson's footsteps. He is an incredible man. When he first moved to the Marvin Elementary area, he went to a bunch of neighborhoods to have family time and cookouts with groups of families, we all got to know him before school started. He was so positive to be around, and treated parents and children with the utmost respect. If all educators were to be this way, our schools would be so much better.
I don't know of anyone who does not respect this man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte