Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 08:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,117 times

Advertisements

I'm currently a student at Waddell High School, and as of late I've seen nothing that as bad as my friends high school. Sure, we have gangs and fights, but what school doesn't? Most of our fights spread around on the news more than the other schools. All I've heard about Independance or wherever was that they were cheating on tests, but my friends in SOUTH CAROLINA have heard about shootings and gang related fights in Waddell.
Does the Observer and other news-related positions just love to pick on minorities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 08:16 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,908,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMonKey View Post
I'm currently a student at Waddell High School, and as of late I've seen nothing that as bad as my friends high school. Sure, we have gangs and fights, but what school doesn't? Most of our fights spread around on the news more than the other schools. All I've heard about Independance or wherever was that they were cheating on tests, but my friends in SOUTH CAROLINA have heard about shootings and gang related fights in Waddell.
Does the Observer and other news-related positions just love to pick on minorities?
Funny, I read the Observer pretty regularly and I have not seen these kinds of stories about Waddell?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:54 PM

5 posts, read 13,705 times
'What school doesn't?"...pretty much the other schools that you don't hear about. You actually answer most of your own questions in your post.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:27 PM

249 posts, read 876,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMonKey View Post
[color=black]All I've heard about Independance or wherever was that they were cheating on tests, but my friends in SOUTH CAROLINA have heard about shootings and gang related fights in Waddell.
Have there been shootings at wadell? If so, as the previous poster just said, you answered your own question. That certainly would not be normal or acceptable.

That said, I don't recall seeing anything about your school on the news.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:07 AM

870 posts, read 3,533,478 times
Waddell? I just looked back at the Observer website and did not find stories about the incidents the o.p. spoke about? Also checked the local news stories on each of the tv channels and found nothing.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:41 PM

2 posts, read 4,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl_northridge View Post
'What school doesn't?"...pretty much the other schools that you don't hear about. You actually answer most of your own questions in your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
Have there been shootings at wadell? If so, as the previous poster just said, you answered your own question. That certainly would not be normal or acceptable.

That said, I don't recall seeing anything about your school on the news.
I've heard of gunfire and stabbings at other schools, but just not in the news.

And perhaps you didn't look hard enough to find any criteria about Waddell?
I plainly used Google and found loads of incidents on official websites.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:14 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,509,382 times
I didn't hear of any of that going on, but I was offered a $15K bonus if I promised to work as an ESL teacher at Waddell for 3 years. It would have been tempting if I had lived closer and if I actually wanted to stay in ESL for 3years.

Dawn

Old 05-29-2008, 01:30 PM

286 posts, read 1,047,154 times
In my opinion, the news tends to exaggerate everything to keep you either glued to the TV or papers.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:32 PM

22,423 posts, read 29,585,819 times
Are you using the paper cup with string attached news??
(sorry couldn't resist)

Old 05-29-2008, 03:31 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,512,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
I didn't hear of any of that going on, but I was offered a $15K bonus if I promised to work as an ESL teacher at Waddell for 3 years. It would have been tempting if I had lived closer and if I actually wanted to stay in ESL for 3years.

Dawn
Dawn - Was that 15K a year for each of the three years or just 15K after the three years? Do they also throw in a free Glock if you end up with 3 classes of the "incorrigibles"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte