Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2008, 04:31 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times

Advertisements

Moderator Note:

Hi if you guys are wondering how to work the new forum features please go to the about this forum to learn about the features.
About the Forum Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum

They are new enhancements that are new to all you members and us moderators so it almost like we are all learning how they work together.
I have only log in about 30 minutes today so I havent had a chance to check them out and hopefully I will have a better understanding by Monday.

I think they will be cool beneficials new tools we all can use once the learning curve is acheived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 10:58 PM

Becareful with your direct messages.

If you need to send a private message to another member go to the name in the thread of the member you want to send a direct message to and click send a direct message.

A new feature that you dont want to confuse with direct message is public view chat with this member.
Basically you can have a chat box with this member that is for public viewing.
This can be beneficial for threads that you want to discuss something in depth but in doing so in a thread it would make it off topic so you can discuss it in the profile if you desired or whatever you want to discuss.

Im sharing with you guys my new found knowledge of the new features in effort to help us better understand them.
If you have any questions on new features related to Charlotte forum feel free to start a chat box by clicking my profile.

Invite friends you can now invite friends for quick messaging to those members you desire to be on your friends list. I have not tinkered in this area at this moment.
Im thinking and this is not confirmed you can basically have a mini forum in your profile that maybe your friends can chat up in your profile..

This is a beta version so there may be kinks at this moment and future explanation of how the new features work

I posted a message in my profile for those who are interested (Im scared what happens if it gets bombarded lol)

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-31-2008 at 07:52 AM..

Old 05-31-2008, 07:02 PM

Photo albums
You can now have your own photo album in your profile.

Go to the top
click quick links
click pictures and albums
and pictures that members posted in their profile will be located here.
Or if you want to add photos click add album then upload your photos
(must be within the guidelines of the terms of service.)

I have already uploaded a few photos in my album if you want to view them they are in my profile.

If you have any questions regarding this click my profile and have discussion in the chat box and we all can discuss it together . MOre one on one type of thread. Dont use direct message please

Old 05-31-2008, 07:44 PM

New Feature:
You can now customize the look of your profile.
Change font , background color, content style.

To customize click your profile.
Click Quick Links at the top
Click Your Profile
Click Customize Profile
Save Changes when done.
I just customize the colors in my profile if you want to see an example.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:06 PM

New Social Groups
Lets say you have a topic that only pertains to certain group of people and you want to correspond with members who share your similar interest.
You can create a group here on city data.

Go to Quick Links at the top
Click Social groups
You will see a list of already created groups on city data and if you have one to add go to the bottom of the page and click create a new group or search groups.
You as the group creator have control over what is in your group and what is posted in your group kinda like a mini moderator. You will be able to edit , delete or remove members from the group. You will have option for invitation only into your group, public view , or self moderating.

For instance I created a group for NC kayakers . Members can discuss whatever they want in that group it is not as picky about sticking to topic as a forum thread is. City-Data Forum - North Carolina Kayakers and Canoe Riders

Old 06-15-2008, 08:45 AM

New Feature

City data now allows you to create your own blog.
Go to the top click Blogs
You can search the blogs (its still new not many at this moment) Go to specific dates, subscribe to RSS Feeds.
On the left of the screen on the blog page you will see Your blog so you can keep track of what you have posted or click post in your blog to add a new entry.
This is great way for those to share there adventures from thinking of relocating choosing a state , city, neighborhood, home. Also thing good and bad during this process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte