Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 04:08 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times

Advertisements

So my CPI installer just left (again! AHHHH) and was coming down my stairs and said "I hope you like snakes" and I was like "some, why?" He was like "come here quick!" So I walked to the front door and looked out my sidelights and there it was. A HUGE black snake just slithering underneath my little bush out front. So of course I freaked out and grabbed the camera. He got it it move out and it was 6 feet long!!!! (awesome pics!) So it slithered to the side of my house where the rain drain ends and drank some water that was standing there!!!! (video of that) I've never seen a snake drink water, have you??? Pretty cool. It's head contracts and expands. So the cable guy and I finally got him to slither back in the small woods behind my house.

I'm not scared of snakes as a ex bf had a 15' python named Tiny. (So cute but she was HEAVY). I just don't think I would have handled it very well coming out and finding that just sitting there. I for sure would have done the screaming heebee jeebee dance and the workers next door would have thought I was a total whackball!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 04:12 PM

53 posts, read 307,479 times
You saw a black racer! They are totally harmless and quite shy, although impressive to look at! Oh, did I mention fast? Yeah, FAST. Cool snakes!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:15 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Hee Hee. Himain, you sell yourself short. You might have been surprised, but somehow I think you would have been pretty cool about seeing that snake, LOL.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So my CPI installer just left (again! AHHHH) and was coming down my stairs and said "I hope you like snakes" and I was like "some, why?" He was like "come here quick!" So I walked to the front door and looked out my sidelights and there it was. A HUGE black snake just slithering underneath my little bush out front. So of course I freaked out and grabbed the camera. He got it it move out and it was 6 feet long!!!! (awesome pics!) So it slithered to the side of my house where the rain drain ends and drank some water that was standing there!!!! (video of that) I've never seen a snake drink water, have you??? Pretty cool. It's head contracts and expands. So the cable guy and I finally got him to slither back in the small woods behind my house.

I'm not scared of snakes as a ex bf had a 15' python named Tiny. (So cute but she was HEAVY). I just don't think I would have handled it very well coming out and finding that just sitting there. I for sure would have done the screaming heebee jeebee dance and the workers next door would have thought I was a total whackball!!
PSST Share The Photos I want to see

Old 06-12-2008, 04:28 PM

Sunny, whats the easiest way for me to post pics? Once I find the cradle, I for sure will put them up.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:30 PM

Ani-I would have done the freak out dance for a couple of seconds and then relax and stare at it and then freak once it moved again, especially if in my direction!!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:31 PM

Go to the top
Click Quick Links
Click Pictures and Albums
Click Add Album
Cllick Add Pictures
and upload your pc photos

Old 06-12-2008, 04:34 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,666,672 times
Yet another encounter I'm jealous off!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:45 PM

250 posts, read 529,742 times
Default albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Go to the top
Click Quick Links
Click Pictures and Albums
Click Add Album
Cllick Add Pictures
and upload your pc photos
And once we do that, how do people know they are there? I put a few up but nobody knows about it. Well, they do NOW but they didn't.....

Old 06-12-2008, 05:58 PM

post a link to the photo in your thread or copy and paste
open the image on your pc at the top you will see the very top you will the url of your pic highlight it press cntrl c to copy and put your cursor where you want it posted then press cntrl p to paste it.

or you could copy the url and push at the top of every post and paste the url there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte