Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 10:42 AM

3 posts, read 10,057 times

Advertisements

I am so tired of listening to you people, 95% of what I hear come from snooty ass people who only listen to what other say, or what the media portrays you never lived in this city, you never went to any CMS school, you never visited a CMS School. Have you read the school performance report or do you even know what that is. I went to elementary, middle, high school and college in this great city, so by going to a CMS does that make me a lesser educated person

I have watched people leave the inner city schools and move to the burbs and only complain b/c their kids have to be bused, and the schools are over crowed, that are your own damn fault. CMS never planned for growth as large as this, no one would have ever thought we would have 3 of the top 15 banks in charlotte, and become a financial heaven in the south. True it was poor planning on behalf of the former school board, but that never changed the way teachers taught, and gave their time.

But because you people wanted to move, you wanted the school system to cater to your needs, you complained about busing, segregation and look where it got you, to talk dirty about CMS. Do you honestly believe that Huntersville, Davidson, Union schools are better...PLEASE the only thing that you have is smaller class rooms and still you dumb parents won't even support your school, you won't take a day off to sit in your Childs classroom, won't volunteer your time, and all you do is complain and complain.

You complained about the inner city schools, what do you expect when teachers have the right of choice to choose which school they want to teach at, that's right the quality of leadership goes down, it wasn't long ago the inner city schools where out performing the burbs schools, south meck, north meck, Olympic... those schools had the lowest test scores ever...

But because you notice that property taxes where cheaper you packed and moved your ungrateful dumb kids to that burbs and complained that they weren't getting the same resources as the inner city..

To make peace the former school board built you burb people schools and gave teachers the opportunity to teach where they wanted. I am so glad that Gorman is doing what he is doing, moving those teachers and principals and those leadership quality away putting them where it is needed, and to be honest more crime is coming from the burbs then the inner city schools..

Do us all a favor spend some time with your kids, know there friends, who they hang out with, stop trying to be the buddy to your child, hell if you don't like it send your child to a private school. Do some homework on the neighborhoods first.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,490 times
I too attended school in CMS all the way up. There are many, many good schools in my opinion.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
I too attended school in CMS all the way up. There are many, many good schools in my opinion.
Especially at the elementary level

Old 01-12-2007, 12:17 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,387,627 times
That is funny because school reports say different, and quiet a few people who HAVE BEEN IN THE CMS SCHOOLS feels the way that they feel...and It amazes me that you seem to have all the answers on the schools which by the wway the PEOPLE ARE DUMB because they want a good school system...and apparenlty you know what is BEST FOR EVERYONES CHILD which brings me to my 2nd point....AND ALOT OF THESE KIDS WHO ARE COMING IN FROM OTHER STATES WELL, MOST OF THEM ARE QUIET BRIGHT WHICH NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO NO MATTER WHAT STATE IT IS WHEN YOU AN INFULUX OF CERTAIN KIDS THE SCHOOLS TEND TO GET BETTER what you seem to be not aware of IS THAT IN THE PAPERS THEY DID TALK ABOUT CMS and all the problems they have, and Ive heard from quiet a few people that their kids DO GO TO THE CMS are NOT HAPPY....So IM HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU HAD A GOOD EDUCATION, THE SAD THIS IS YOU CLASSIFY ALL OF US IN YOUR LITTLE CATAGORY.....THE ONLY THING I WILL AGREE WITH YOU ON IS THAT YOUR SUCCESS OF YOUR CHILDREN IS TO BE INVOLVED IN THEIR SCHOOLS.....OTHER THAN THAT YOU SEEM TO BE THE DUMB ASS THAT HAS NO CLUE....and to CALL US ALL SNOTTY well thats the JOKE OF IT....HAVE U LIVED ANYWHERE ELSE???? I DOUBT WITH YOUR MENTALITY......because for ME I AM INVOLVED IN MY CHILDRENS SCHOOLS AND I DO THE IN CLASS HELP SO FOR YOU, U STAY IN YOUR INNER CITY AND THINK U KNOW IT ALL....If that makes you happy...I GREW UP IN BKLYN AND DIDNT LIVE IN THE BURBS..and you know what THE SCHOOLS NOW SUCK...so with the fact that people want change, and PEOPLE LIVE THERE FOR NUMBEROUS OF REASONS THEY ARE ENTILTED TO THEIR OPINION TO GUIDE ALL OTHER FAMILIES THAT ARE LOOKING TO RELOCATE.....SO I think you should get off your high horse and watch who and whos kids you are calling DUMB ASS...have u looked in the mirror lately???? its called IGNORANCE..

I am done now..and all those who know me on this board know i dont talk ILL ABOUT ANYONE but I had to comment on this one....and by the way I AM MOVING TO UNION COUNTY.....So I GUESS THAT MAKES ME A SNOT...

Old 01-12-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
That is funny because school reports say different, and quiet a few people who HAVE BEEN IN THE CMS SCHOOLS feels the way that they feel...and It amazes me that you seem to have all the answers on the schools which by the wway the PEOPLE ARE DUMB because they want a good school system...and apparenlty you know what is BEST FOR EVERYONES CHILD which brings me to my 2nd point....AND ALOT OF THESE KIDS WHO ARE COMING IN FROM OTHER STATES WELL, MOST OF THEM ARE QUIET BRIGHT WHICH NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO NO MATTER WHAT STATE IT IS WHEN YOU AN INFULUX OF CERTAIN KIDS THE SCHOOLS TEND TO GET BETTER what you seem to be not aware of IS THAT IN THE PAPERS THEY DID TALK ABOUT CMS and all the problems they have, and Ive heard from quiet a few people that their kids DO GO TO THE CMS are NOT HAPPY....So IM HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU HAD A GOOD EDUCATION, THE SAD THIS IS YOU CLASSIFY ALL OF US IN YOUR LITTLE CATAGORY.....THE ONLY THING I WILL AGREE WITH YOU ON IS THAT YOUR SUCCESS OF YOUR CHILDREN IS TO BE INVOLVED IN THEIR SCHOOLS.....OTHER THAN THAT YOU SEEM TO BE THE DUMB ASS THAT HAS NO CLUE....and to CALL US ALL SNOTTY well thats the JOKE OF IT....HAVE U LIVED ANYWHERE ELSE???? I DOUBT WITH YOUR MENTALITY......because for ME I AM INVOLVED IN MY CHILDRENS SCHOOLS AND I DO THE IN CLASS HELP SO FOR YOU, U STAY IN YOUR INNER CITY AND THINK U KNOW IT ALL....If that makes you happy...I GREW UP IN BKLYN AND DIDNT LIVE IN THE BURBS..and you know what THE SCHOOLS NOW SUCK...so with the fact that people want change, and PEOPLE LIVE THERE FOR NUMBEROUS OF REASONS THEY ARE ENTILTED TO THEIR OPINION TO GUIDE ALL OTHER FAMILIES THAT ARE LOOKING TO RELOCATE.....SO I think you should get off your high horse and watch who and whos kids you are calling DUMB ASS...have u looked in the mirror lately???? its called IGNORANCE..

I am done now..and all those who know me on this board know i dont talk ILL ABOUT ANYONE but I had to comment on this one....and by the way I AM MOVING TO UNION COUNTY.....So I GUESS THAT MAKES ME A SNOT...
Don't them him get to you NJmom Any extreme post, pro or con, should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:25 PM

I know Loves but this is a bit much....and just uncalled for..lol....so once again I had to put my 2 cent in..I guess its the NY in me...lol...but I promise when I get to NC i will be alot less aggressive as I wont need to be..I can finally take my time and not have to rush for everything...HEE...

Staci

Old 01-12-2007, 12:27 PM

and Loves, Most of the posts u know dont bother me but something about this one...IGNORANCE I guess

Old 01-12-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
and Loves, Most of the posts u know dont bother me but something about this one...IGNORANCE I guess
I hear ya! But MrNice must have other things going on in his life if he's this frustrated, I kinda feel sorry for him - though that doesn't excuse his rudeness. His thoughts would have actually carried more weight with people, or at least given them something to think about, if he had made them without attacking anyone or being rude.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:07 PM

225 posts, read 835,604 times
I just read Mrnice's comments and wondered why a person with an obvious lack of grammical and proof-reading skills would even embrass himself with this poorly written diatribe. Yes! I' moving to Union Co. I guess you can lump me in with the other snotty people. Both of my sons attend private school now (Loyola Blakefield). I'm leaving Baltimore because of the high housing prices and the cost of private school. Baltimore City has the worst school district in Maryland. Union County was selected by the ratings I saw regarding their stellar schools. If you are a testment to the educational abilities of CMS, I'm glad too have selected Union County.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:10 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,836,683 times
He does make some valid points. Hopefully the surrounding counties can see what Meck had to do or is doing.

I mean look at all the people just from this board that are moving to Union County the biggest influx seems to be heading there. Plus the ones that do not know about this board.

There is an interesting article in the Huntersville Herald (that I need to read).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte