Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,907,564 times

Advertisements

I have read about and seen Birkdale online (so nice) and in the Raliegh area I've heard alot about strip malls but do you have malls where they have the bib anchor stores (Macy's, Nordstrom, etc) and then a lot of other stores within it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2006, 02:56 PM

44 posts, read 171,106 times
Charlotte has several malls like you are describing - SouthPark, Northlake and Carolina Place. We don't have Macy's here yet, but I understand they're coming soon. SouthPark is the most upscale of the malls and has Nordstrom. Neiman Marcus is due to open soon at SouthPark.

There's also Concord Mills, which is an enclosed mall but doesn't have the traditional anchor stores. It is an 'outlet' mall, although I don't really find the prices to be much better than anywhere else.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:20 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNC
Charlotte has several malls like you are describing - SouthPark, Northlake and Carolina Place. We don't have Macy's here yet, but I understand they're coming soon. SouthPark is the most upscale of the malls and has Nordstrom. Neiman Marcus is due to open soon at SouthPark.

There's also Concord Mills, which is an enclosed mall but doesn't have the traditional anchor stores. It is an 'outlet' mall, although I don't really find the prices to be much better than anywhere else.

for whatever it's worth the Hecht's in North Carolina are part of Macy's (owned by Federated Department Stores). In the near future the Hecht's name will soon be replaced by the more popular Macy's.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:25 AM

100 posts, read 242,294 times
Default any new malls

hi , I live in uptown ...theres not much retail here ..was wondering if any malls were coming up nearby.thanks

Old 06-19-2008, 06:30 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,317,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
for whatever it's worth the Hecht's in North Carolina are part of Macy's (owned by Federated Department Stores). In the near future the Hecht's name will soon be replaced by the more popular Macy's.
Holy thread-revival Batman!

FWIW, Hechts is now Macys at Southpark.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:47 AM

100 posts, read 242,294 times
wat?

Old 06-19-2008, 06:55 AM

33 posts, read 83,691 times
There is also a Macy's at Carolina Place Mall in Pineville. However, SouthPark is the top of the line in our area.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:35 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,866,734 times
Why does everyone in Charlotte insist on bragging about all the high-end crap we have in Charlotte? Has it not occured to the people that the majority of the people who live here are not the type of people that typically do business at Macys, Nordstroms and Hechts? Are we so caught up in name brands that every stinking aspect of our lives has to have a label on it? Seriously, I've been to South Park 1 time in 2 years- and that was to see the symphony. Perhaps the whole world could get along better if we were all a little less self absorbed, and a little more conscious that money aint everything!!!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:44 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Why does everyone in Charlotte insist on bragging about all the high-end crap we have in Charlotte? Has it not occured to the people that the majority of the people who live here are not the type of people that typically do business at Macys, Nordstroms and Hechts? Are we so caught up in name brands that every stinking aspect of our lives has to have a label on it? Seriously, I've been to South Park 1 time in 2 years- and that was to see the symphony. Perhaps the whole world could get along better if we were all a little less self absorbed, and a little more conscious that money aint everything!!!
Hoagie, the OP asked about malls that had upscale stores . . . however, this thread is ANCIENT . . . so people were just responding. If the OP had asked about discount stores, outlets, etc. - people would have been posting where to get goods at bargain or mark down prices. We have plenty of both types of retail here.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:48 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,317,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Why does everyone in Charlotte insist on bragging about all the high-end crap we have in Charlotte?
I had no idea Macys was considered 'upscale'.

The large one in NYC never seemed that nice to me, and honestly I have never been to the one at Southpark.
But I have been going to Southpark since it opened, I used to ride my bike there as a child and eat at the Woolworth's or Eckerd's food counter.
Those were the days!

I was just saying the name changed...

Last edited by mullman; 06-19-2008 at 08:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte