Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 04:05 PM

152 posts, read 469,895 times

Advertisements

My family looked at a house in the Bent Creek subdivision in Indian Trail. Does any one on CD live in that neighbohood who could give me some opinions of the neighborhood and the schools Hemby Bridge ES and Porter Ridge MS? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 06:12 PM

999 posts, read 4,652,910 times
I don't live in Bent Creek but do live nearby and my daughters go to Hemby Bridge and Porter Ridge Middle....I think they're good schools, have heard other parents say the same. My daughter at Hemby Bridge had a horrible teacher last year, but he retired, so no problems there, and the trailers that surrounded Hemby Bridge are now ALL gone with the impending opening of the new school so all the kids will be IN the building. Porter Ridge still has tons of trailers (they are quite nice inside), but hopefully with the proposed new middle and high schools "D" (tentatively scheduled to open August 2010) will take care of that.....Bent Creek "should" be zoned for that as it will be in between Mill Grove road and Indian Trail Fairview, kind of behind Hemby Bridge.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:47 PM

743 posts, read 2,243,469 times
They are building a new elementary school on Poplin Road to open August 2009. They have already started building so that will get rid of the trailers next year.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:35 PM

529 posts, read 1,979,273 times
That will get rid of all trailers at PRES, but the middle school still will keep them. I am very fond of Hemby Bridge.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 PM

264 posts, read 918,385 times
My "BFF" lived in that neighborhood for 5 years. Send me a pm and we'll talk!

Old 08-16-2010, 09:40 PM

5 posts, read 21,733 times
Post Bent Creek

We have lived in Bent Creek for almost 9 years now. Thought it would just be our starter home, but have never found anywhere better in the area we would rather live. It is a wonderful neighborhood. The neighbors we have met could not be nicer and/or friendlier. The pool area is nice, rarely ever overcrowded and the dues are one of the most reasonable of any neighborhood with a community pool around (plus it is open 5 months out of the year, by neighborhood choice!). You will often see parents out with their little kids, walking, pushing a stroller, etc. and there is always a smile and wave.

We have found babysitters and wonderful friends to safely leave our children with in an emergency, etc.. Our friends and family who visit, have all loved our neighbors and said how lucky we are b/c not all neighborhoods are like this one. We do feel very blessed this is where we bought our first home after almost 2 years of looking around the area!

As for the schools, we had our first begin Hemby Bridge Elementary (an Honor School of Excellence) and were very pleased academically and with the quality of her teacher and the principal. We don't feel academically that Porter Ridge middle and high are that strong, but right now our neighborhood goes to Piedmont middle and high due to a cap at Porter Ridge. However, we feel that once they open the new middle and high school which we will feed into that the academics with be very well respected from elementary through HS. Probably some of the best schools around for the price of the neighborhood. Many of the other Honor Schools of Excellence are in the more expensive neighborhoods/areas of Union County.

Good luck with your decision and if you choose Bent Creek, I hope you are as happy here as we have been!

Last edited by happymomoftwo; 08-16-2010 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: forgot a comma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte