Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 AM

14 posts, read 49,175 times

Advertisements

Brentwood homes is building at the Preserve at Forest Creek in Waxhaw. I am trying to get a handle on them as a builder. Are they reliable, responsive and most importantly, do they build a good home? How are they to work with in the process etc. If you bought from them, tell me how well you did on negotiating price. I see that they are a top ten builder in Charleston SC and I like the fact they now are building an energy star home which to me shows they are progressive.

Any help will be most appreciated and thanks for reading and possibly helping me out with a reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 07:43 PM

5 posts, read 24,403 times
Default Brentwood Homes

I couldn't find out anything about Brentwood before we purchased in the Preserve at Forest Creek either.... We looked all over Union County and in my opinion, they are a very good builder. The thing that really sold us in this community was the lot size and remote neighborhood. It's very quiet - with the exception of the train from time to time. The build quality was excellent. The construction seems to be very tight. They are a "green builder" so they have to conform to those standards. The salesman has been very helpful and we were able to make some custom changes within reason. (try to negotiate those up front). You can obviously get a very good deal on a house right now... it's a buyers market.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:39 PM

5 posts, read 15,727 times
We bought a Brentwood home in Charleston and are having huge problems with them. Roughly 75% of the homes here, built by Brentwood, are having moisture intrusion problems. I have found them difficult to work with and would NOT recommend them to ANYONE! We have mold and water wicking up through the concrete slab and they refuse to find the source of the water intrusion. Buyer Beware....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte