Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 11:06 AM

3 posts, read 11,055 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Cornelius and am trying to find a good hairstylist in the area. I have read some of the other forums but they are a little outdated now. I have some hair "issues" and need to be sure I get a good quality, knowledgeable stylist that I can AFFORD. I value my stylist but don't want to pay the premium attached to the upscale salons. I usually get semi-perm color to cover gray and need a good cut for my fine but naturally wavy (not curly) hair. I have suffered hair loss for over a year that I am still battling so my hair has gotten much thinner & is a few inches below shoulder length. So I need someone who can deal with the challenges. I want a stylish, current look that is age appropriate. I'm not a huge fan of the big spa salons as they are so noisy and can be impersonal (even arrogant) but would go to one if it is the best option. Would also consider in-home or small salon as that is what I have had for the last 5 yrs and been very happy. Can anyone help with a recommendation??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 12:21 PM

509 posts, read 1,802,936 times
Valeria Salon. It's a small local, not a chain. I see Chad and he's great, but you might want to try asking for the owner since you've got some specific needs that require a lot of experience.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:43 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually had a gift certificate for a massage, mani/pedi there but they were a little vague about hair care pricing since it is based on what level stylist, etc. What is the price range for Chad? does he do color? Thanks,

Old 07-25-2008, 02:04 PM

509 posts, read 1,802,936 times
Chad is $50 for a cut. he does color as well and does a very good job on my highlights. I think cut and full highlights run $150 or so.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:18 AM

Well I ended up calling Untangled Salon in Cornelius and going there last night for what I thought was a consultation with the owner, Lori. She ended up doing my color, highlights, and cut! She took my dark brown hair much lighter by adding highlights (which was something I had been considering) and took a few inches off the length so it is slightly shorter than shoulder length. It looked very good when she finished but we shall see how I feel living with it for a while. She is very high energy and outgoing and made me feel right at home. She is not the gentlest but she seemed to know what she was doing and even discounted the cost of the highlights so she could use the process for training 2 new stylists. So I got a good deal too. The salon is stand-alone so not part of a spa although they do offer a spa capsule massage which looked interesting. I may try that out sometime too.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:00 PM

3 posts, read 9,069 times
I was in your same situation a few months ago. If things don't work out at Untangled go to Infinity Salon in Cornelius. Make an appointment with Anna Claire. She is really great and will cut your hair like you want it. I have thin hair and she will tell me what she thinks will work best with my length and thickness. I trust her judgment which says a lot. She is super nice and down to earth.

I originally met her at Valeria. Even though that salon is not part of a big chain you will probably feel that the staff isn't very down to earth. I had to go back there (after Anna Claire left) for a product related issue and the customer service was awful. The sad thing is the manager was the one helping me, so I asked to speak with the owner. The manager's response was "she isn't here, she won't be here for a while". I explained to her that that was fine, but I would still like to speak with her and basically she wouldn't get me in touch with the owner of the salon. A business with good customer service would have taken my information and told me that they would have someone get in touch with me.

I have also tried Savvy Salon. The particular stylist that cut my hair, cut it the way she thought I should cut. That was after I told her how I wanted it cut, so needless to say I never went back.

I know how frustrating it is to find the right stylist that suits you so I hope my input helps. Good luck!!

Old 09-03-2008, 01:14 PM

380 posts, read 1,756,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madi100107 View Post
I was in your same situation a few months ago. If things don't work out at Untangled go to Infinity Salon in Cornelius. Make an appointment with Anna Claire. She is really great and will cut your hair like you want it. I have thin hair and she will tell me what she thinks will work best with my length and thickness. I trust her judgment which says a lot. She is super nice and down to earth.

I originally met her at Valeria. Even though that salon is not part of a big chain you will probably feel that the staff isn't very down to earth. I had to go back there (after Anna Claire left) for a product related issue and the customer service was awful. The sad thing is the manager was the one helping me, so I asked to speak with the owner. The manager's response was "she isn't here, she won't be here for a while". I explained to her that that was fine, but I would still like to speak with her and basically she wouldn't get me in touch with the owner of the salon. A business with good customer service would have taken my information and told me that they would have someone get in touch with me.

I have also tried Savvy Salon. The particular stylist that cut my hair, cut it the way she thought I should cut. That was after I told her how I wanted it cut, so needless to say I never went back.

I know how frustrating it is to find the right stylist that suits you so I hope my input helps. Good luck!!
How much does Anna Clair charge for a cut??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: