Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 AM

10 posts, read 19,609 times

Advertisements

Hello to all.
I am looking for a decent paying job in the Charlotte area. I have been searching online (careerbuilder and monster) and I have really seen too much that catches my eye. Are there any other websites that really good at having "Real" jobs and not lot of garbage posted. Most of careerbuilder and monster is work from home and stuff like that. Help me out if you all can....

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 10:18 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
First of all, are you here? I am assuming not. Second, what field are you in? Third, have you done research on what businesses are here that would have jobs that you are qualified for? That is the key - finding out what businesses are here that may need your skills. Then you target those businesses directly.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:28 AM

So my best shot is to go through the chamber of commerce and identify the jobs? Is there a central website that would post a listing of companies? Thanks for the response also. I will begin to get a listing of what companies are hiring in my field of sales and marketing and even maybe some instructing at the community colleges in that area.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuwaterz View Post
So my best shot is to go through the chamber of commerce and identify the jobs? Is there a central website that would post a listing of companies? Thanks for the response also. I will begin to get a listing of what companies are hiring in my field of sales and marketing and even maybe some instructing at the community colleges in that area.
You can check out the chamber site . . .

CPCC link: Central Piedmont Community College — Central Piedmont Community College

Seems I have a list somewhere of large businesses here . . . I will see what I can dig up - or maybe someone else has that link and will post it. I think I have a PDF.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:11 AM

Charlotte Chamber - Largest Employers

This will bring up page, but note at the top, on right hand side - it says PDF printable brochure. This has a very extensive list - w/ phone numbers - of employers in the area, and has sections broken down by # of employees.

That should give you a good start.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:55 AM

327 posts, read 1,198,170 times
I found my job in Charlotte this way:

I found a widely read professional journal that publishes an annual list of the Top 50 firms in my field. I started at #1 and went down the list, visiting each firm's website, looking to see if they had an office in Charlotte, and if so, if they had any job postings to fit my skill set. Worked like a charm for me.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 PM

This has been so helpful! I just wanna say Thank You. Seems like I got some work to do :-) I will keep everyone posted.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuwaterz View Post
This has been so helpful! I just wanna say Thank You. Seems like I got some work to do :-) I will keep everyone posted.
Good luck! Hope it works out well . . . let us know if we can dig up more info.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:36 PM

928 posts, read 3,853,018 times
search on google this name north carolina employment security commision and do a search there. Some jobs post salaries.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:46 PM

260 posts, read 676,033 times
Best of Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte