Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 04:13 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,717,042 times

Advertisements

Looking at about a 15 mile radius from the center of Charlotte what are the major differences between locations north of charlotte vs south of Charlotte. That would bring you to Huntersville in the North and Weddington in the south. So far it appears that the south Borders better neighborhoods in Southern Charlotte and that Traffic is worse In the North.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 04:51 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
Not sure where you get the traffic info from. Since I-77 went to four lanes the ride to Charlotte is pretty quick. Come up to Mooresville and that is a different story.

Is there something in particular you are looking for? Maybe that would help with your decision making.

Let me know should you need any help with anything.

Good Luck.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:16 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Looking at about a 15 mile radius from the center of Charlotte what are the major differences between locations north of charlotte vs south of Charlotte. That would bring you to Huntersville in the North and Weddington in the south. So far it appears that the south Borders better neighborhoods in Southern Charlotte and that Traffic is worse In the North.

I prefer the South, but as CharlotteAgent said, it is important to detail what you are looking for in a home/area -- it will help to narrow down the areas for you. Let me know if I can help in any way

Old 01-28-2007, 05:42 AM

I've read here in some other posts that the traffic was worse coming from Huntersville into charlootte. I am looking for a 4br 2-3 ba with 2000+ sf. I am looking to spend 250-300k. Would like a family oriented community with excellent schools. I am from the NE and some of the developements like Birkdale ect. seem very interesting however I don't know much about them. Fee's, prices, which ones are better ect. Here in maine we haven't had that kind of growth.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:58 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
You should be able to find something in your price range in South Charlotte or western Union county. As a realtor, I cannot provide opinions on the schools, but I can set up an online search for you for this area and give you the website to search for school reports (you can check the school reports for addresses of homes). Feel free to PM me and we can get this going.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:20 PM

872 posts, read 3,584,263 times
North has more crime issues than south Charlotte does.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:52 AM

When you say North Charlotte do you in the city limits. I was looking at Huntersville and area.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:27 AM

254 posts, read 1,057,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
with excellent schools.
If you find any in Charlotte let me know good schools maybe..excellent no (we are from Western NY which has the top rated schools in the country..and not by the skewed list that comes out every year..though our schools of course make those too) Charlotte meck has one of the strictest cirriculums in the country (which hinders kids learning IMO) One of the *goals* for the end kindergarten is to count to 30..I have an almost 2 year old that counts to 20 so you can imagine how bored my 5 year old is!

Old 01-29-2007, 09:45 AM

Huntersville has some petty crime. To Blatantly say N.Charlotte as more crime is a little subjective.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkat View Post
If you find any in Charlotte let me know good schools maybe..excellent no (we are from Western NY which has the top rated schools in the country..and not by the skewed list that comes out every year..though our schools of course make those too) Charlotte meck has one of the strictest cirriculums in the country (which hinders kids learning IMO) One of the *goals* for the end kindergarten is to count to 30..I have an almost 2 year old that counts to 20 so you can imagine how bored my 5 year old is!

This really bothers me as a parent. My son goes to the same school as your child I believe (J.V. Washam) and they are already counting to 100 and some. I think some of your answers maybe biased based on the fact you do not enjoy your time here in Charlotte. Just my observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte