Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:55 PM

573 posts, read 2,441,985 times

Advertisements

Hey don't bash Newton! I live there...Um Maiden leaves something to be desired...not ALL areas of Newton are as described...go to Hudson, Vale, Valdese. We have some decent shopping off 321 Business.

Oh by the way I live off Startown Road. I would be MORE than happy to take your millions!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
lol@property value in Newton. You could buy an entire city block for $100K
I'm not gonna argue with some of the areas off Hwy 10 or even downtown for that matter, but there are some nice areas...like mine

Old 09-05-2008, 08:04 AM

371 posts, read 1,101,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlove01 View Post
Hey don't bash Newton! I live there...Um Maiden leaves something to be desired...not ALL areas of Newton are as described...go to Hudson, Vale, Valdese. We have some decent shopping off 321 Business.

Oh by the way I live off Startown Road. I would be MORE than happy to take your millions!!!
What are you trying to say about Hudson? Just kidding. I grew up there so it caught my eye.....but I wouldn't want to move back, short weekend visits are enough for me.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:32 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Hey that stuff actually works the No OLF campaign worked for the eastern North Carolina counties North Carolinians Opposed to the Outlying Landing Field

Way to go residents, farmers, and enviromentalists. Im so tickled over this . Checking out the migratory birds is one of pleasures in that area.
Because God knows we dont need any jobs in NC! He also knows that our fighter pilots dont need a place to practice! I hope the government chooses a site in Virginia, just to spite all of the protestors!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:35 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:

I think Newton is a great location and I love the areas around Newton . . . as you mentioned. Add Blackburn and head over to Mountain View, as well. Beautiful country and wonderful people.

Trust me, if I had the $$$, I would head to Newton to establish businesses and my home, as well.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I think Newton is a great location and I love the areas around Newton . . . as you mentioned. Add Blackburn and head over to Mountain View, as well. Beautiful country and wonderful people.

Trust me, if I had the $$$, I would head to Newton to establish businesses and my home, as well.

So do you live in the Unifour area?

Old 09-05-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgirl98 View Post
What are you trying to say about Hudson? Just kidding. I grew up there so it caught my eye.....but I wouldn't want to move back, short weekend visits are enough for me.
some of the areas we drove around in Hudson looked like they should be condemned but I think you have that with every town. Maiden, Vale and Valdese are just so small, there's really not too much going on.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:40 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
So do you live in the Unifour area?
Yep, I live in Charlotte and part of my childhood - I lived where you do now, LOL.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:56 PM

8 posts, read 57,602 times
The signs are posted because of the huge animal rescue that went down in the area. There were over 400 animals rescued from a farm in the Lincolnton/Denver area (which also somewhat includes Newton). There was currently no room in the shelter for the animals so they were placed in an abandoned warehouse on Hwy 16 in Denver. This rescue is in desperate need of volunteers so those who have been going out there to work and help out or just to drop off donations of food and pet supplies are getting a little lost. The warehouse is not easily seen from the road (I only know this because I had a hard time finding it at first as well). So I am sure people have gone around knocking on all the wrong doors while in their search.

There is supposed to be another rescue of about 100 animals going down soon that will be added to the warehouse team.

Hope this cleared up the confusion.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper08 View Post
The signs are posted because of the huge animal rescue that went down in the area. There were over 400 animals rescued from a farm in the Lincolnton/Denver area (which also somewhat includes Newton). There was currently no room in the shelter for the animals so they were placed in an abandoned warehouse on Hwy 16 in Denver. This rescue is in desperate need of volunteers so those who have been going out there to work and help out or just to drop off donations of food and pet supplies are getting a little lost. The warehouse is not easily seen from the road (I only know this because I had a hard time finding it at first as well). So I am sure people have gone around knocking on all the wrong doors while in their search.

There is supposed to be another rescue of about 100 animals going down soon that will be added to the warehouse team.

Thanks for solving this mystery for us.

Hope this cleared up the confusion.
It did

I hope they was rescued from this lady's place in this article Lincoln Times-News : Lincoln County's Home Newspaper (http://www.lincolntimesnews.com/Default.asp?Section=20&VA=16824 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte