Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:54 PM

5 posts, read 37,360 times

Advertisements

I'm almost afraid to suggest it should be ripped from it's Southern roots, but we really would love it up North too if it were made available. Anyone with some pull, hook us up! We'll make sure it isn't on the shelf near Mountain Dew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 08:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times
The other day with the help of Charmin, I realize why it is called Sun Drop but I did have several bottles of it within a day.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 PM

5 posts, read 37,360 times
I bootlegged four 12 packs of it to last the summer, and it's basically kept under lock and key with the other valuables lol

Old 09-08-2008, 09:19 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,740 times
Hm, I haven't tried Sun Drop yet since moving here. Is it a NC thing or a Southern thing? More like Mountain Dew, Squirt, or 7UP? I guess I could just spring the $1 to buy a bottle and find out, lol, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
Hm, I haven't tried Sun Drop yet since moving here. Is it a NC thing or a Southern thing? More like Mountain Dew, Squirt, or 7UP? I guess I could just spring the $1 to buy a bottle and find out, lol, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
To me it like a real smooth Mountain Dew except it and Cheerwine another local soda do not have caffeine
I would not compare it to 7up or Squirt and btw Sprite is more popular around here than 7 up

Old 09-08-2008, 10:41 PM

380 posts, read 1,756,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
To me it like a real smooth Mountain Dew except it and Cheerwine another local soda do not have caffeine
I would not compare it to 7up or Squirt and btw Sprite is more popular around here than 7 up
I am confused. Just last week I was shopping - I think at Bi-Lo but could have been Harris Teeter - and I saw Diet Sundrop and also Diet Sundrop with no caffiene. That confused me because I didn't think Sundrop had caffiene. Unless, perhaps the one saying no caffiene is their new packaging and they still had some old stuff left.

I have had to go to Sundrop because I what I love I cannot find here. I love Diet Mountain Dew with no caffiene. I have searched all over this area and the only place I have found it is Walmart in Mooresville. I have asked local stores around Huntersville to carry it but they don't. I even asked the Pepsi driver and he just said it was not popular here.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:42 PM

450 posts, read 2,321,496 times
Are you saying Sun Drop does not have caffeine??

It has orange juice in it, but it has a good amount of caffeine! Caffeine free it is not. I think it, along with Mountain Dew and then things like Jolt, has the most caffeine in it compared to other drinks.

Dr. Pepper and Cheerwine, and Sprite and 7-Up etc, do not contain caffeine.

Sun Drop is the triple threat: CARBS, caffeine, and FD&C Yellow #5!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 PM

Ya'll must be seeing some of the labels for Diet Caffeine-Free Sundrop. My husband loves Sundrop and every time he goes on a low carb diet, he drinks the Diet Caffeine Free ones....he says they are one of the few diet drinks that taste ok compared to their original, but they make him feel weird. My understanding is Diet Cheerwine also tastes ok.

I personally don't think any diet sodas/soft drinks (or pop for some of you! ) taste ok.

I would describe Sun Drop as being most similar to Mountain Dew or Mello Yello, but BETTER. I think the orange juice in it is the kicker. But the problem I have with Sun Drop is that you can get some real duds. For some odd reason, the 2 liters never taste as good to me, and when I get cans, sometimes it's "Eh." and sometimes it "Hey, this is a GREAT one!" Never different results in the same pack, but just a difference between batches I guess.

On side note I used to live near the Sun Drop plant in Concord where the shooting happened. Does anyone know if they have any new info? This happened after I moved but it struck home for me.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The other day with the help of Charmin, I realize why it is called Sun Drop but I did have several bottles of it within a day.
Oh. Haha!

My husband used to drink can after can after can, when he was a teenager, probably several 6-packs a day....and his mom told me that when she would do his laundry, his shirts would have HOLES in them from where he sweated, all over- almost like the Sundrop was making his sweat very acidic. YUCK!!!!!!! It stopped when he stopped drinking 2000 cans of Sun Drop a day.

I like SunDrop a lot, occasionally. But in general I try to limit my caffeine unless it's sweet tea, and also I try to avoid FD&C Yellow #5 just because I have this weird complex about it.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:12 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,194,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLily7 View Post
Are you saying Sun Drop does not have caffeine??

It has orange juice in it, but it has a good amount of caffeine! Caffeine free it is not. I think it, along with Mountain Dew and then things like Jolt, has the most caffeine in it compared to other drinks.

Dr. Pepper and Cheerwine, and Sprite and 7-Up etc, do not contain caffeine.

Sun Drop is the triple threat: CARBS, caffeine, and FD&C Yellow #5!

Dr. Pepper and Cheerwine both have caffeine. The only soda I know of that does NOT have caffeine are sprite, 7up and gingerale. Even orange soda has caffeine in it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte