Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 12:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,552,457 times

Advertisements

I am seriously considering going to the Coca Cola 600 it will be around the same time me and Pookie will have been five years together and thought it would be fun thing to do.

I know you romantic types would not think of this but hey our first date they took me out to movies to see this movie so anything is a go at that point ... hehe The Rundown

I was thinking seats in Turn One would probably be the best so you can also see the Winner' Circle. If you have been where do you normall sit?

IMO when I check out the raceway it seem the Ford Upper Deck would be a good place to see the whole race on every corner is the better option

Ticketmaster has a promo that was sent to my email about a family four pack for 156 is this decent or is there better options to get tickets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 12:34 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,503,289 times
Quote:
I know you romantic types would not think of this but hey our first date they took me out to movies to see this movie so anything is a go at that point ...
how many of them were there on your first "date"?

Old 09-09-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
how many of them were there on your first "date"?
Im confuse by the question which isnt really what I wanted to discuss in this thread so Ill just go ... huh?

Old 09-09-2008, 12:39 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,539,723 times
Nothing wrong w/ bringing friends along on a first date - or to the Coke 600, for that matter. Still romantic.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:48 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,503,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Im confuse by the question which isnt really what I wanted to discuss in this thread so Ill just go ... huh?
they

1 a: those ones —used as third person pronoun serving as the plural of he, she, or it or referring to a group of two or more individuals not all of the same sex <they dance well> or <our first date they took me out to movies>

Old 09-09-2008, 12:50 PM

ok maybe I did word it incorrectly the coca cola 600 is around the same time of our five year anniversary.

What I am curious for those who have been to a race at Lowes where did you sit at and has anyone sat at the Upper Deck of the Ford Terrace and what was that like?

Old 09-09-2008, 01:38 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,663,278 times
SunnyKayak, my brother used to hold two season tickets to seats in that area. It's great. First of all, it's got elevator access if you don't like the (loooong) walk up the stairs. Second, it's got it's own "private" concourse area with picnic tables and whatnot, so it's great to not have to fight with the crowds down along the main concourse area. You're up high, so you can see all of the track, and get an especially good view of the pit areas. I was hoping to someday bring my wife, who's handicapped, to this section, because the handicap seating areas actually cantilever over the track, and must provide an awesome vantage point for the front stretch.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:33 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,868,624 times
I would recommend the front stretch. Make sure you sit high enough to see the whole track. If I had my druthers, I'd sit near or just to the left of the start/finish line so you can see driver intorductions. If you'd like I can give you the name/number of the lady we use at the track to buy our tickets. She can tell you what row is best for whatever view you're hoping to get. Just to clarify- did you mean the CC 600 in May, or the BOA 500 coming up in Oct?

Old 09-09-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
I would recommend the front stretch. Make sure you sit high enough to see the whole track. If I had my druthers, I'd sit near or just to the left of the start/finish line so you can see driver intorductions. If you'd like I can give you the name/number of the lady we use at the track to buy our tickets. She can tell you what row is best for whatever view you're hoping to get. Just to clarify- did you mean the CC 600 in May, or the BOA 500 coming up in Oct?

Hmmm, I must have received a weird email then lol if it is the BOA and not the coca cola coming up ..
Im glad I didnt respond ... probably a scam.

That information would be great Hoagie.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Hmmm, I must have received a weird email then lol if it is the BOA and not the coca cola coming up ..
Im glad I didnt respond ... probably a scam.

That information would be great Hoagie.
Sunny, the Coca Cola 600 is always in May - something worth seeing at least once! You two should definitely try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte