Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2008, 06:57 PM

6 posts, read 18,391 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Charlotte and have been having trouble trying to find what subdivisions feed into what schools. I found that one zip code can go to two different schools and it is confusing. Does anyone know what neighborhoods go to Providence High, Mint Hill Middle, Crestdale Middle. I want to live where both the middle school and High school are good. We are looking for homes around $300,000. Thank you for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 07:07 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,451,988 times
I don't know about subdivisions but here is the CMS assignment page (http://www.cms.k12.nc.us/studentassignment08-09/Plan/maps.asp - broken link)

You can select the school from the drop box menu and it will pull up a map showing the assignment area. The maps show the streets in the area so maybe you can find subdivisions on or near those streets.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:36 PM

Thank you for the sight. I don't know the area so the maps of streets might be hard to locate subdivisions. I was interested in neighborhoods that feed into Providence High, south charlotte middle and Community House Middle.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:48 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,680,780 times
There are so many! It might be easier to find neighborhoods you like, on a site like CarolinaHome.com, and see which schools they feed to.

Off the top of my head, some that feed to SCMS and PHS are Providence Plantation, Beverly Crest, Hembstead, Sardis Plantation (definitely PHS, I think SCMS), and Raintree. Good luck!

Old 09-12-2008, 10:20 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnycarolina View Post
I will be moving to Charlotte and have been having trouble trying to find what subdivisions feed into what schools. I found that one zip code can go to two different schools and it is confusing. Does anyone know what neighborhoods go to Providence High, Mint Hill Middle, Crestdale Middle. I want to live where both the middle school and High school are good. We are looking for homes around $300,000. Thank you for any help.
Your realtor will be able to set a home search for you (that e-mails you listings and updates them daily) based on the schools you select. I don't think Mint Hill feeds into Providence, but I believe Providence Plantation goes to Crestdale Middle and Providence. One of the feeder schools for Providence is South Charlotte Middle -- check out scores at NC School Report Cards Community House Middle feeds into Ardrey Kell. There will be homes in your price range in all of these areas. You can review scores for all high schools at that site.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:39 PM

Thank you for all the great info. I wondered what parents think of Providence High and Ardrey Kelly-how do they compare. I know I can look at test scores but wanted a parent's perspective.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:54 PM

999 posts, read 4,652,384 times
There is a really easy website to use yourself that will allow you to search just for homes in those school assignment areas. Sometimes homes are listed without school assignments in the listing, but in my experience they're usually homes in less desireable districts.
I will pm you the link. to the site I mentioned.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:54 PM

Thank you Joanchris200!! The site is so helpful and will really help us find a house with the schools we want-what a big help.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:35 AM

240 posts, read 731,981 times
Smile Ardrey Kell

My daughter attended Community House Middle for 7th and 8th grade.
She loved that school and i was most impressed with the academics and staff,etc.

She is now a Freshman at Ardrey Kell and i am delighted with this school.
It is very demanding academically. My daughter is a Straight "A" student and is really finding the Honors classes to be interesting, challenging and with top notch teachers.
The school is very strict.
The academics are high and the school does have a very high expectation of its students.
Ardrey Kell is now only 3 years old so is a baby compared with Prov High.
The Principal at Ardrey Kell was the Principal over at Prov High and when he transferred over to AK, he did take a number of their teachers.

I cannot say enough good things about Ardrey Kell.
I would seriously look in to a neighborhood that feeds into there.

The teachers are very dedicated and when i have emailed them with questions, i get replies almost immediately.

Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte