Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 07:56 AM

905 posts, read 3,456,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Care to share which neighborhood you are in? I think it helps people here to know which neighborhoods are "transitional".

East of Country Club, Country Club Heights I believe, older neighborhood from the 50's-60's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2007, 08:07 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
East of Country Club, Country Club Heights I believe, older neighborhood from the 50's-60's.
Gotcha! Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:29 AM

227 posts, read 293,577 times
I think this is what we are talking about. I dont think anyone 'expects' to be invited inside, but when our neighbor knocked, we invited them in. It was convenient at the time. Also, when we have new neighbors move in, we will take them a welcome basket or something, just like our neighbor did for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post

Now, when we see our neighbors out doing yard work or playing with their new puppies, we stop and visit in the yard, but I wouldn't feel comfortable knocking on a door and expecting just a casual visit.

Dawn

Old 02-17-2007, 08:31 AM

227 posts, read 293,577 times
It ws more than just my breakin. it was quite a few. more were in Myers Park than Elizabeth. they probably saw our home on their way back from breaking in someones home in Myers Park!....
Ive actually seen the guys that did it. Pulled them up on the Charmeck website. Kind of disturbing and i didnt want to show my wife, but a darn neighbor sent her the link to the mugshots.

The only thing i was worried about is our saftey, and luckily my wife is ok. Electronics can be replaced. Luckily they didnt want to mess with my Desktop, but they did take an old laptop. I did lose my DigiCam with a memory card with all of our photos from our honeymoon on it. I think i had already downloaded most of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
Did this break-in make the 6 O'clock news? Seems like I saw this one on TV.....

Not exactly how one wants their 15 minutes of fame.

I live in a transitional neighborhood and am out of town a lot. I am so paranoid about a break-in. The only thing Im worried about is my computer and the 1000's of irreplaceable pics. Someday I will get around to protecting them.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:32 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,497,254 times
You have been burglerized? Wow!~ I haven't heard of anything like that happening around here, but then, I may just not have heard yet! We are so far off the beaten path that I don't think burglers would want to drive out here and if they did they wouldnt have anywhere to park that wouldn't be overly obvious. I haven't even thought about it.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sippi View Post
We knocked on our neighbors door before we bought our house. Wanted to ask them some questions about crime, noise, etc... (yeah, we;ve already been burglarized, lol). I cant imagine living somewhere where i wouldn't want to knock on a neighbors door. I just dont get that.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:30 PM

47 posts, read 192,907 times
My husband and I have made friends in various ways: by attending social events at our apartment complex's clubhouse, through family members, at work (him), by meeting the parents/guardians of our daughter's friends, at the gym, etc.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:35 AM

2 posts, read 3,432 times
Default Stopping at 39? I thought it was 29?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
Stopping at 39 cause ya dont want to see 40!
I dont blame you, but the alternative is one option i dont want either!
if you ever feel like comming up to the Mooresville area,let me know as we'd be happy to get together with our other City Data friends and have a drink
I haven't had a birthday in years. Now I only have an anniversary of my 29th!

Old 02-18-2007, 06:05 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,385,493 times
Default where do you live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
You can do what my wife and I did this weekend when we went down for our pre-drywall inspection. We walked around the neighborhood a little bit and just knocked on random doors introducing ourselves as their soon to be neighbors. We were very surprised at how many people invited us in and we ended up having conversations that on average lasted no less than 45 minutes. Many people were like "When you guys move in, feel free to come by or if you need help moving in feel free to let us know." It was very reassuring as we were feeling a little uneasy about our community and our builder. We came home feeling a little more confident about our decision. Plus the inspection went great and the inspector was only able to find tiny little things that he said were really no big deal at all.
LOL, we are coming that way and I would love that... I think that is a great idea. I couldn't see my husband doing it, but I would...

Old 02-21-2007, 05:57 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,963,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
Hey, dont laugh at that!( having drinks from people on City Data) I have meet up with two people so far from here it and we are now friends!But-- we are all mid 40's so for you i'm sure you'd run from us!
But she will probably meet people from work,getting involved with church is a good way, ( but i have not done that yet) and yes, i think spring time will bring you out and about more so you can meet people.

Yeah I agree I met a few from this site in fact I met someone I feel like I've known all my life and her husband sure knows how to grill a mean tri-tip. They even invited us over for Nascar last Sunday.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:56 AM

Location: Atlanta, Moving to Charlotte, Fort Mill area early August 07
23 posts, read 92,907 times
Hello there, my husband and I are moving to Charlotte, well Fort Mill area beginning of August from Atlanta GA. We've been married a year in August and really would love to meet some married couples since we don't know a soul there although i'm sure we'll meet people at work. We're not church goers though at this point in our life but let us know if you'd like to hang out sometime.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte