Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 01:34 PM

3 posts, read 2,871 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving to Charlotte by 23rd of June from Hyderabad. I am finding it difficult to choose the community as I've a school going Kid(Kindergarten). I am looking for an Indian Concentrated one, if any. I found one vacant apt available to move-in as soon as I arrive in US. But, colleagues say it is better to stay in South Charlotte.

Can anyone please help me find a better school, and a near by community? It will be good if commute time to uptown stays below 30min.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 01:47 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,932,057 times
This might sound weird but..

Contact some grocery stores that specialize in all Indian food. If the majority of their customers are Indian they will know where their customers live, work, go to school. They would most likely be helpful in pointing you in the right direction.

Here is one in S. Charlotte:
Patel Brothers
10701 Centrum Pkwy, Pineville, NC 28134
(704) 540-2013

Old 06-02-2015, 02:01 PM

109 posts, read 121,013 times
There are plenty of communities with indian population. You can look in Ballantyne, however the prices are extremely high. You might want to check in Weddington area..number one schools..and if you live close to Providence road, you can close to be all shopping and take the providence road or highway to uptown. Plus the prices are much lower than ballantyne and you will get a bigger lot and bigger house.
PM me if you need more info.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:51 PM

110 posts, read 160,071 times
Ballantyne for sure. We used to live in the Cheswyck Apartments and there were many, many Indian families. Zoned elementary is great.

There is at least one other complex near Cheswyck, as well as town homes along Ballantyne Commons Parkway. Very common to see Indian families out walking.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:36 AM

777 posts, read 2,568,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivakumarch51 View Post
Hi,

I am moving to Charlotte by 23rd of June from Hyderabad. I am finding it difficult to choose the community as I've a school going Kid(Kindergarten). I am looking for an Indian Concentrated one, if any. I found one vacant apt available to move-in as soon as I arrive in US. But, colleagues say it is better to stay in South Charlotte.

Can anyone please help me find a better school, and a near by community? It will be good if commute time to uptown stays below 30min.
Strawberry Hill Apartments. Huge concentration of Indian's in that complex. It is located at Fairview and Providence Rd. 20min drive to uptown. Lansdowne Elementary isn't the best elementary school in the district but if you can get into the IB program there, that is the way to go. Sharon and Cotswold are better schools but are just outside of Strawberry Hills property lines.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
This might sound weird but..

Contact some grocery stores that specialize in all Indian food. If the majority of their customers are Indian they will know where their customers live, work, go to school. They would most likely be helpful in pointing you in the right direction.

Here is one in S. Charlotte:
Patel Brothers
10701 Centrum Pkwy, Pineville, NC 28134
(704) 540-2013
This was a good suggestion. I was thinking the same, but unfortunately, there were only few sites which aggregated such details of South/North located stores. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbmallory View Post
Ballantyne for sure. We used to live in the Cheswyck Apartments and there were many, many Indian families. Zoned elementary is great.

There is at least one other complex near Cheswyck, as well as town homes along Ballantyne Commons Parkway. Very common to see Indian families out walking.
Thanks for the suggestion. But, how does the apartment's maintenance rate out of 10?

Old 06-03-2015, 01:53 PM

110 posts, read 160,071 times
We had no problems at all with Cheswyck. The apartment was fine and the grounds and pools were perfectly maintained. The complex is gated and felt very safe. Lots of families/residents out and about. That was four years ago though. The location is really great. Easy access to everything you need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte