Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:20 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,544,684 times

Advertisements

Hopefully I can be a bit clearer:

No personal attacks.
No taking the thread off topic.
No snide remarks or calling out a user.
Keep a civil tone.

If you believe there's an issue, use the proper channels and report the post

Old 03-22-2007, 08:00 PM

225 posts, read 835,330 times
I won't speak about others in regard to several posters comments. I can only speak for myself. Recent changes in the market are disturbing to say the least. If this was a perfect world, I could close my eyes and wish for better days. But, reality is a lot harsher than fiction and wishing. The truth of the matter is the market for mortgages has changed. Is this the end of my world? No! Underwriting guidelines have changed with every horrific financial event in history. This is no different.

I thought this forum was designed for people to get insight, not gloom and doom predictions of the future. Don't get me wrong. I can take the good with the bad. What I don't understand is the indication that some people are not smart enough to figure out what is going on and how to handle it. Posters are talking in circles to incite a response. Personal attacks are the norm. When did this become a forum for personal attacks rather than an exchange of vital information.

If you have something vital to say, say it! This is not a test. This is real life. I like absolutes rather than supposition. How this whole thing will play out is yet to be seen. Thanks for the warnings. I appreciate them. But the ultimate choice of what is best for my family or anyone reading this message board is up to that person.

Best regards

Last edited by warden; 03-22-2007 at 08:12 PM..

Old 03-22-2007, 09:07 PM

25 posts, read 71,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warden View Post
I thought this forum was designed for people to get insight, not gloom and doom predictions of the future. Don't get me wrong. I can take the good with the bad. What I don't understand is the indication that some people are not smart enough to figure out what is going on and how to handle it. Posters are talking in circles to incite a response. Personal attacks are the norm. When did this become a forum for personal attacks rather than an exchange of vital information.
If you have something vital to say, say it! This is not a test. This is real life. I like absolutes rather than supposition. How this whole thing will play out is yet to be seen. Thanks for the warnings. I appreciate them. But the ultimate choice of what is best for my family or anyone reading this message board is up to that person.
i will frame my questions & statements as simply/absolutely as possible:
1. who are you addressing?
2. what do you mean by "talking in circles to incite a response?" could you clarify with an exposition of a quotation?
3. i differ from you in your presupposition that issues may always be broken down into absolutes.
4. absolutely this or absolutely that will never get people hearing one another.
5. of course, everyone can take whatever they want from boards such as these. that is stating the obvious.

"Best Regards"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte