Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 AM

624 posts, read 2,107,871 times

Advertisements

I just finished reading thru the thread posted in July, and find myself in a similar situation. (First Date Restaurant?)

I'm looking to take out a girl I've been talking with for awhile now Friday night around 7:00 and was looking for any recommendations. From what I've read in the other thread Manzetti's followed by The Grape or Phillips Place sounds like options for now. (had trouble finding a link to the restaurant online) I'm looking for someplace where it's easy to have a good conversation and less interested in bumping elbows to get a drink.

I've checked the weather and it looks like for now at least there's a 40% chance of rain and a high of only 70.

Location wise I live north of the city in Huntersville, and she's in South Charlotte, so could go either way, but probably favoring South Charlotte so it's closer for her.

Thanks for any thoughts or help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 08:44 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,950,060 times
The Red Rocks in Birkdale has a great atmosphere bith inside and out. However this goes against your request of being on the South Side for your date.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:48 AM

Well this is going to be the first time we actually meet, so I'm really open to anything, thanks for the suggestion. I've heard good things about Red Rock too.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:51 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,390 times
There is a Red Rocks in South Charlotte too. It's located in the Strawberry Hill shopping center at the intersection of Providence and Sardis. DH and I have eaten there twice and enjoyed it both times.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:54 AM

63 posts, read 276,444 times
Villa Antonio on South Boulevard is always a favorite among the women.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
Well this is going to be the first time we actually meet, so I'm really open to anything, thanks for the suggestion. I've heard good things about Red Rock too.
Our first date was at Birkdale , Dinner & Movie & Birkdale Theater we been together 5 years coming this Saturday. There birthday is two days afterwards so I look at their ID while they are sleeping so I can remember when our anniversary is... lmao.
Im so glad they dont get into city data or I will be in the dog house for typing this.

We saw the Rundown not exactly a romantic movie but hey we are together.
One of the great things about Charlotte you do have so many choices I hope it works out try to think of side down you want to be in to do something after you eat.
Good luck and I hope it works out

Old 10-14-2008, 09:41 AM

Congrats on the upcoming 5th anniversary and nice detective work on the Birthday, I'd love to be able to do that, but most of the time when my head hits the pillow I'm out for the night.

I saw from a the Phillips Place website there is a wine place called Dean & Deluca, is that a sit down place or just a store, the website kinda confused me, but I was thinking it might be an after dinner option for a quiet conversation?

Old 10-14-2008, 09:53 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,950,060 times
Dean & Deluca would not be a good first date I do not think. Maybe if it was a lunch date....

Old 10-14-2008, 09:54 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,076 times
Are you going to pick her up or meet? If you are picking her up it would make sense to stay on the south side, which depends on what south side you mean. I went out with a few women from there and lived in Huntersville as well, so most of the time I drove down there. There are tons of places, but for convenience, something off 485 works well, just get on the loop take it around get off around rea, I liked Firebirds, but we were both steak fans, PF Changs was decent, I like sitting outside. I don't try unique places on a first date, because one thing you don't want to worry about is the food. But maybe you don't want my advice, as er um.. nothing has worked out that great. No anniverseries for me yet.. haha.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 AM

228 posts, read 910,506 times
I have a place! They just built a firebirds in the Sterling Morrison complex (corner of Sharon and Colony) in South Park. The decor inside was very nice. It had great seating, great for a date. The food was excellent, as were the prices for what you were getting/the portions. I went there last week and can't wait to go back with my boyfriend this weekend! :-)

There is a that Great Grape Winebar 2 blocks over near M5.

I also do like Red Rocks in Birkdale but...as a female, I like the effort to come to my side of town for the first date. Perhaps if all goes well Red Rocks could be a good second date spot :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte