Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2007, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,582 times

Advertisements

What is the current status of the commercial real estate market? I have never seen so many signs advertising FOR SALE, FOR LEASE, SPACE AVAILABLE for commercial retail, office and warehouse space or commercial land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 08:28 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,490 times
Basically what do you want and how much are you willing to pay. There are plenty of projects going on. Projects are selling out very quickly.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:41 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,085,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Basically what do you want and how much are you willing to pay. There are plenty of projects going on. Projects are selling out very quickly.

Depends. I wouldnt say that projects all over are selling that quick. There plenty of smaller ones for independent/small businesses that are vacant, atleast thats what Ive seen in Mooresville. They are built in nice areas and most are brick though.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:40 PM

297 posts, read 1,141,632 times
I saw this post some time ago and wanted to wait until one of my coworkers finished their study. At present the available (unleased) current square footage of retail, commercial office and warehouse space available is approximatley 20,000,000 sqf. This is the highest amount of space available in the Charlotte area since we started tracking some 12 years ago. There has been a huge drop in occupancy and many new facilities brought on line in the past year. Two years ago, I had several investors trying to talk me into buying. Their arguement was with all the new people coming to area so will many businesses. The chamber use to post on their website the available sqf for each market. Last fall Q4, 2006 the total available space listed on the website was 1.6 million available. No wonder they shut down those pages with the true number being over 10 times that posted it would only before a short while before the people noticed. By the way, other then retail businesses what new ones have come to the area? Notice how much space is available between those retail stores?

Old 03-20-2007, 09:48 AM

56 posts, read 65,438 times
I saw an article recently stating that Charlotte commercial real estate was in good condition and that they did not have enough commercial growth. I will look for the link. I had to laugh when I read the article because obviously the writer has not seen the number of for lease signs in the area or empty buildings. I love it when article are posted nationally with stating trends with no numbers. Ahhh back to the faith based society don't worry, move on, nothing to see here.......

Old 03-20-2007, 09:57 AM

549 posts, read 2,385,215 times
One thing is that Charlotte is to mall. So there are very few places now were people can walk to the stores and buy things. There are some little shopping strips but normaly they are like 2 blocks or something. Or they are "faux" and are located in a master planned community like Baxter and Phillips Place as nice as it looks feels like an open mall to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: