Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2007, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,248 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to the Mooresville area from lake zurich, IL (45 miles north of Chicago) at the end March. Our home here has not sold yet so we will be renting there untill it does. My husband is transferring to a company in Charlotte and they can't wait any longer for us to sell our home, they need him now. So, with all that said my question is I have heard that Denver and Huntersille have good schools just like Mooresville, which is better? I have three girls 16, 14 & 13. Just wanted a little more imput from people who know these areas. It also seems that Denver is a little less congested then Mooresville???
We are all so excited to be moving there, NC is beautiful! Just need a little reassurance about our move. Thanks in advance for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2007, 10:33 PM

47 posts, read 192,883 times
Huntersville may be a bit more expensive as I think Lake Norman is in Huntersville. Mooresville seems a bit dismal every time I'm up there but they do have a great Super Target! Sorry I can't give you any more info but maybe others will respond to you post soon.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:36 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,837,610 times
Lake Norman Consists of Huntersville,Cornelius,Mooresville,Denver,Sherrils Ford. IMO Mooresville is the congested of them all especially around the Brawley School Road area. The commute into Charlotte is not the best.

Now with that being said you should be fine in any of those areas. Let me know if you need any more info.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:05 AM

254 posts, read 1,058,296 times
for schools Mooresville is best then Denver then...................Huntersville

Old 02-18-2007, 10:33 AM

876 posts, read 3,794,554 times
We are about 2 miles away from Highway 16 which is a direct shot to Charlotte and less congested than I-77... might want to look at the west end of Lake Norman within close proximity to HWY 16. Denver would be suitable, as would Sherrills Ford, etc. The schools on the west side are good schools as well....

If you have the money and don't mind the congestion of I-77, I would go to Huntersville or even Mooresville... There are a ton of lakefront/lake access communities in both cities, but you pay the price!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte