Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 04:33 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,985,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
There are a set of pillars on 521 at the South End of Ballantyne as well.

South Park didn't exist until the mall was built in 1970, so there's nothing wrong with saying "Arboretum area".

A lot of realtors will use "Ballantyne Area", in order to increase property value, but there are some legal ramifications if someone is selling a property as "in Ballantyne" and it isn't.

Before 1995, it was called "Piper Glen Area", and Ballantyne Commons Parkway WAS Providence Road West all the way to McKee Road.
Are you saying there are "legal" boundries to "in" Ballantyne? I really thought it was simply an area. I'd be surprised if there are actual Liber & folio numbers for "Ballantyne". Very interesting .
Do any of our Realtor friends know the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 06:39 PM

382 posts, read 1,888,681 times
i say "ballantyne area", although my development is off Lancaster about a mile from Ballantyne Commons Pkwy. close enough. its better than saying Pineville.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:07 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Are you saying there are "legal" boundries to "in" Ballantyne? I really thought it was simply an area. I'd be surprised if there are actual Liber & folio numbers for "Ballantyne". Very interesting .
Do any of our Realtor friends know the answer.
Doorway, I do believe there are specific boundries because unlike other areas where a neighborhood grew into an "area" (like Cotswold or the Arboretum), Ballantyne was a very well planned development. Living off Ardrey Kell near Rea is not considered Ballantyne but is considered the "Blakeney" area (as I'm sure you know ). But the other end of Ardrey Kell near 521 may in fact be part of the Ballantyne boundries - that's the one border I'm not exactly sure of

Old 10-28-2008, 06:19 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,985,088 times
Thanks Loves!! I remember reading a coffee table book on Ballantyne in a hotel when we first came here to find a place to live. It spoke mostly of the business center and the resort and the developers vision of the area. Had I known I was going to live in the area, I might have paid more attention. When people ask where I live I usually say in Ballantyne, I think I better say Ballantyne area from now on so I don't dis anyone from the hood.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:10 PM

41 posts, read 107,917 times
Ballantyne is a master-planned community with specific boundaries. If you live in “Ballantyne proper” you likely pay Ballantyne homeowner association dues. You likely live in a subdivision/neighborhood within Ballantyne (i.e. Ballantyne Meadows) that is part of the larger Ballantyne association. You probably pay both associations (but your subdivision/neighborhood may collect on behalf of both).

Several neighborhoods adjacent to Ballantyne, but not part of the Ballantyne master plan, can be considered “Ballantyne area”.

Ballantyne was developed by Bissell Development. Bissell Companies

Old 10-29-2008, 04:26 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,558,220 times
Ballantyne "area" has many apartments and condos. Most people that say they live in Ballantyne live in the "area" and not...Ballantyne Counry Club. Quite a difference (IMO).

Old 10-29-2008, 04:33 PM

221 posts, read 746,954 times
What exactly is Ballantyne - A county, town, city?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threesons View Post
What exactly is Ballantyne - A county, town, city?
It is simply a well planned development in south Charlotte.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:52 PM

221 posts, read 746,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It is simply a well planned development in south Charlotte.
So there is no writing Ballantyne on your mailing address??
Isn't it also very commercialized? I always think of the hotel.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threesons View Post
So there is no writing Ballantyne on your mailing address??
Isn't it also very commercialized? I always think of the hotel.
No, you just have a Charlotte address, but a very NICE one

It is NOT very commercialized - it is a nice mixture of homes, condo's, retail and office space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte