Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:00 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,731 times

Advertisements

From the news report last night it said if you have the keys in the ignition then yes you will get the ticket but if you can start your car remotely then it will not effect you unless you leave the keys on the seat or something!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 12:14 AM

60 posts, read 161,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
From the news report last night it said if you have the keys in the ignition then yes you will get the ticket but if you can start your car remotely then it will not effect you unless you leave the keys on the seat or something!
Good to know!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:20 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Ah, ok. That makes more sense. I did not know it excluded cars in a private driveway nor that a vehicle running without keys was ok. Now I can better understand the ticket giving. If they did try to steal my truck once I started it remotely they wouldn't get anywhere because, as others have said, it only runs for 10 minutes and if the door is opened the truck shuts off.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:39 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,570,338 times
I could care one way or the other about this topic but just FYI. I thought I would point out that leaving your car idling more than a minute or so is actually VERY bad for your engine. Most of you probably don't care because we live in a throwaway society but if you DO care, well do some google searches and you will see what I am talking about. Obviously doing it once in a while probably won't hurt but for those of you that are leaving the care running for 10-20 minutes every morning all winter, well you can just take that information and do what you want with it.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:35 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
I don't have to idle my car in the winter because I have heated seats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: