Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:15 AM

476 posts, read 1,576,050 times

Advertisements

We had been contemplating moving somewhere south for quite a few years. More affordable living, better weather, better place to raise our kids, things like that. My BIL and SIL moved to Charlotte a couple years back and we knew when we visited them over the summer that we had found home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 03:47 PM

12 posts, read 37,643 times
Vermont is a beautiful place and I will always call it home, but as far as careers are concerned it is a dead end. I am 36 and I am no closer to owning a home than I was when I was 20. this worries me, especially considering I am now married with a 16mo. old daughter and a second daughter on the way. Charlotte is a growth area and that means opportunity. Also, it has a nice central location between the ocean and the mountains (gotta have mountains!) as well as places like Lake Norman. My wife just wants to get out of the cold weather. I am sure we can make a nice life for ourselves in the charlotte area (outside the city of course, I'm a country boy at heart and always will be).

Old 02-26-2007, 04:00 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,343,748 times
Then-spouse accepted a position; we had just experienced the worst blizzard on record (to date - 1979 - 36" snow in 12 hours) in Chicago on top of 18 inches on the ground already. I followed him, because at that time, that's what one did. I am still here, but am contemplating leaving for "home" because the children are gainfully employed - jobs with benefits - and no longer need me in that sense. We'll see....

Old 02-26-2007, 05:41 PM

435 posts, read 1,815,211 times
I had no choice. I was 5 when I moved here . Moved away twice- for undergrad & grad school. Moved back a few years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte