Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2007, 01:35 PM

68 posts, read 294,787 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Kannapolis June/July. My third child was adopted from Korea. I would like to know if there are any Asian markets near Charlotte or Korean restaurants?

E
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 02:54 PM

129 posts, read 754,078 times
Default Asian market

There is a great Asian market on South Blvd in Charlotte, I know there are a couple of Korean restaurants but I can't recall the names. Enjoy the area

Old 03-19-2007, 11:06 PM

905 posts, read 3,453,375 times
I love to cook and eat Thai food and am in the market weekly.

From Kannapolis take 85 South to Charlotte. Exit Sugar Creek Road turn left at the top of the ramp. Continue on Sugar Creek, when you cross N. Tryon Street get in the left lane. On the left is the Asian Mall. There are two Asian groceries. I much prefer International Supermarket over the other. If you need help just ask for Ivey, she is very accomodating.

According to Google there is Kyoto Resaturant on Albemarle Road & Seoul Restaurant on Monroe Road.

Enjoy!

Old 03-20-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Thai...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
I love to cook and eat Thai food and am in the market weekly.

From Kannapolis take 85 South to Charlotte. Exit Sugar Creek Road turn left at the top of the ramp. Continue on Sugar Creek, when you cross N. Tryon Street get in the left lane. On the left is the Asian Mall. There are two Asian groceries. I much prefer International Supermarket over the other. If you need help just ask for Ivey, she is very accomodating.

According to Google there is Kyoto Resaturant on Albemarle Road & Seoul Restaurant on Monroe Road.

Enjoy!

I know I'm probably veering off subject a bit, but Thai House in Pineville is a great place, the Me Krob (maybe spelled wrong ) is excellent. Also CRock you might want to check out A Taste of Thai in Spartanburg, really fresh tasting authentic Thai. Another good place in Charlotte for something a little different, try Cluckers in Pineville...middle eastern and they're known for their "fire grilled" chicken.

mmmmm....I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:13 PM

905 posts, read 3,453,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLass View Post
I know I'm probably veering off subject a bit, but Thai House in Pineville is a great place, the Me Krob (maybe spelled wrong ) is excellent. Also CRock you might want to check out A Taste of Thai in Spartanburg, really fresh tasting authentic Thai. Another good place in Charlotte for something a little different, try Cluckers in Pineville...middle eastern and they're known for their "fire grilled" chicken.

mmmmm....I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Thanks for the tips YL! I thought you were from Ruffton? How do you know about all these places in Charlotte? Thanks for the tips. Im am moving to the mountains very soon so I may not get to try those places. You like Thai too I see. Try these two restaurants out next time in Charlotte. Near Pineville on 51 is Bangkok Ocha. Try the Cabbage, yummmm. On East Blvd is Thai Thai, take out only, They are the former King and I folks from Central Avenue.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:10 PM

I am from "Ruffton" but I spent 12 years living in Winston Salem, Charlotte and Nashville, TN. Spending time out of the county has given me a greater sense of just how good my family has it here in "Ruffton" County. However, having said that sometimes a girl wants a little more than just good ol' country cookin.

Since we've been talking about Asian cuisine, have you been to RuSans? Great sushi! I have found a pretty good sushi place in Spartanburg called Wasabi, but not quite the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte