Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2007, 06:48 PM

5 posts, read 12,177 times

Advertisements

I am coming for a visit in a few weeks to check out the area for a possible transfer to the area. Can anyone tell me what there is to do in the Matthews area for nightlife with music? Is there any area that I should look at for housing? Anything you can tell mw about the area would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 05:53 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,923,175 times
What kind of area are you looking for to live?

Old 04-05-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Looking around Matthews

I have been told Matthew is really nice. I am coming in for a visit in a few weeks. Can you suggest any place I should visit while there?

Old 04-05-2007, 05:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,028,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlwizard View Post
I have been told Matthew is really nice. I am coming in for a visit in a few weeks. Can you suggest any place I should visit while there?
It's important you realize Matthews is really just a little town with mostly nice neighborhoods, schools and some retail. What makes it nice is that it is just a great family oriented town, a slice of suburbia. There isn't much "nightlife" so to speak. However, there is a great little sports bar in the middle of town called Kristophers. I have enjoyed hanging out at the bar, which is an old fashioned kind, square, with ample room for plenty to belly up at the same time Not too far away is also a shopping area called the Aboretum what has a restaurant/bar called Micky and Mooch's - this would be a great place to check out. Where will you be staying when you come?

Old 04-06-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Thanks for replying

We will be staying at a marriott but it does not have much information on the site about the area. If one was interested in live music would you have to go into Charlotte? What else is there to do during the day around town?

Old 04-06-2007, 09:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,028,316 times
Quote:
We will be staying at a marriott but it does not have much information on the site about the area. If one was interested in live music would you have to go into Charlotte? What else is there to do during the day around town?
Which Marriott, there are several around town, but not one in Matthews?

Charlotte and Matthews meld together so if you had to go uptown or more into the city for entertainment you're only talking about 10-12 miles - no big deal. There is good live music all over the place. You might want to check the websites for these venues to see what is playing when you are here: The Visualite, Amos's Southend and Tremont Music Hall. The Charlotte Observer has a columnist named Tonya Jameson who's column is called "Paid to Party" - you could look her up on their website and send her an email with more specifics and questions about places to check out. I bet she would be a wealth of info

Old 04-07-2007, 08:19 AM

Thanks I will look her up. I am not into the kid club thing. Looking for where the forty somethings hang. How has the weather been, I need to pack and not quite sure if it is shorts and tees or pants and sweaters either.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:12 AM

478 posts, read 2,049,875 times
Quote:
If you enjoy Ann Coulter, she will be speaking in Matthews on 10-May. Private party afterwards (with Ann) for just $100.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:21 PM

thanks any other suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: