Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:12 PM

99 posts, read 522,325 times

Advertisements

I would like to know how good this city is compared to indianapolis. how is the nightlife and I just got a chance to stay near south park mall for few days and I found a lot of non american people staying there. Lot of indian communities over there. I have no idea how that area be in association of these people. Is it going to be a good experience staying there with such a neighbourhood? Please advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 06:30 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,717,722 times
Exactly what do you mean by "Is it going to be a good experience staying there...?" Are you suggesting there is a problem with Indian communities? Sounds very prejudice to me.
I love Indianapolis, btw. Not sure if I can compare Indianapolis to Charlotte accurately, since I haven't spent enough time in either city to make a fair comparison, so some other poster will have to do that.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:56 AM

11 posts, read 31,101 times
The reason you have not received any replies is due to your question. In my opinion you need to be educated about India/Indians. They are not illegal immigrants. Most of them highly educated, well placed, cultured and peace loving people. They may not be into nightlife if that's an inconvenience.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:18 AM

48 posts, read 121,802 times
Hello there, I am an Indian and I take offense to your post. most of the Indians are legal and we all are very family oriented people. most of them came here either for jobs or for education. we are all well placed in different companies and are all very highly accomplished.
many Indians tend to stick to the same apartment complex or a community is because we all are new here and would like to stay close to the same kind of people. we would feel home since we all are staying away from the families and would like for our kids to know other Indian kids. I am sorry that you are not educated enough to experience people from various parts of the world and enrich your life that way.
I wish you all the best.
thanks

Old 04-02-2007, 09:51 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snitins View Post
I would like to know how good this city is compared to indianapolis. how is the nightlife and I just got a chance to stay near south park mall for few days and I found a lot of non american people staying there. Lot of indian communities over there. I have no idea how that area be in association of these people. Is it going to be a good experience staying there with such a neighbourhood? Please advise.
The Southpark area is highly desirable. If you can afford it, you would find yourself among lovely neighbors.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Apologies

I am so sorry if I hurted anyone. I did not intend to be so harsh but this was my own doubt because I have never got a chance to mix up with other country's people. I stay alone and feel very boring at home which causes depression a lot of times at this age. That is why I wanted to live at a place where I can make lot of friends and spend my time with them at clubs, at house enjoying my time etc. I am a very friendly person.

I apologize again due to lack of my knowledge about indians and thanks for correcting me. Please forgive me. But I just felt that indians are kind of self centred (I am not criticizing them, just sharing my observations, please correct me if I am wrong). They dont like to be friends.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:20 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,907,364 times
Quote:
I am so sorry if I hurted anyone. I did not intend to be so harsh but this was my own doubt because I have never got a chance to mix up with other country's people. I stay alone and feel very boring at home which causes depression a lot of times at this age. That is why I wanted to live at a place where I can make lot of friends and spend my time with them at clubs, at house enjoying my time etc. I am a very friendly person.

I apologize again due to lack of my knowledge about indians and thanks for correcting me. Please forgive me. But I just felt that indians are kind of self centred (I am not criticizing them, just sharing my observations, please correct me if I am wrong). They dont like to be friends.
The Indians I have known are some of the sweetest, kindest people I've ever met. Very law-abiding/peace-loving. Once you get here and get to know different people (not just Indians), you'll see what I mean. Hope you move here goes well!

Old 04-02-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Thanks

Great that I see so many good responses. Now I am so excited to know more indians and use this opportunity to educate myself about them. I am going to finalize this apartment tonight and going to invite the next indian family over a drink tonight. Hopefully we can be better friends and have a good association.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:36 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,907,364 times
Quote:
Great that I see so many good responses. Now I am so excited to know more indians and use this opportunity to educate myself about them. I am going to finalize this apartment tonight and going to invite the next indian family over a drink tonight. Hopefully we can be better friends and have a good association.
Awesome! If you can afford it, Southpark's are great area to live. Welcome!

Old 04-02-2007, 06:31 PM

48 posts, read 121,802 times
hello there,
i guess Indians appear self centered or dont socialize as much is because their lack of american etiquette. i am not saying there are not self centered indians, but generally they are more reserved. that is why may be w appear that way. I was like that too when I came to the USA. now, after 12 years of being here, I have transformed myself so much and am much more comfortable. may be i got educated and started incorporating american ways in to our Indian ways.
but Indians are fun :-)
welcome to south park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte