Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:51 AM

70 posts, read 314,079 times

Advertisements

hi, I am currently thinking of moving to the charlotte area, I would like to live nr malls and activities well within maybe 20mins or them, I can only spend about 50-85k on a house and I will need a yard for my 2 dogs, I prefer a ranch style house if possible if not will settle for something else. just wondering if its hard to finance manufactured homes there too. thanks for any info. I've heard rockhill is ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 10:55 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,420 times
You can't get anything in Charlotte for 50-85k. Renting is going to be your option in Charlotte. There are lots of good agents on here who could give you some direction.

As far as the Charlotte metro:

I use allentate.com to search the listings. You may be able to find a small place in Gaston County or Concord....I did a quick search for you and that's what I saw. Anything in Charlotte at that price will put you in, frankly, a dangerous area.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:43 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,908,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
You can't get anything in Charlotte for 50-85k. Renting is going to be your option in Charlotte. There are lots of good agents on here who could give you some direction.

As far as the Charlotte metro:

I use allentate.com to search the listings. You may be able to find a small place in Gaston County or Concord....I did a quick search for you and that's what I saw. Anything in Charlotte at that price will put you in, frankly, a dangerous area.
I agree.

You might could find a decent home in a safe area in that range in some of the small towns in eastern Gaston Co. or in parts of Kannapolis (places away from the NC Research Campus).

Old 04-03-2007, 01:18 PM

70 posts, read 314,079 times
I heard that there isnt much going on in kannapolis, that its really dead. how about the outskirts maybe rockhill? it could be an older home or maybe a twin.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:24 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelle View Post
I heard that there isnt much going on in kannapolis, that its really dead. how about the outskirts maybe rockhill? it could be an older home or maybe a twin.
Kannapolis is fairly low key. Growing but not there yet. However, it's only minutes from everything you said you wanted. I'd hit carolinahome.com and take a look. Kannapolis is an excellent suggestion. Harrisburg too!

Old 04-03-2007, 01:31 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Marcelle, in your price range you will be looking at very distant locations, most likely also what you would consider "dead". If you have to be in a bigger city I'd say you should look into renting for now.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:53 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,343,748 times
Quote:
So you're not moving to Allentown? Philadelphia?

Old 04-03-2007, 03:27 PM
xyz

1 posts, read 2,883 times
Default S tryon st in charlotte

I am thinking of buying a town house in Lions gate community in S tryon st Dr horton builders?
Is it worth buying at Lions gate ? What is the future of south tryon st especially where lots of new town homes and shops are coming up?
Is there any other better community in S tryon st ?

Old 04-03-2007, 04:56 PM

116 posts, read 422,437 times
Quote:
Kannapolis is right next door to Concord. And I mean right next door; they border one another. And in Concord is the largest shopping mall in N.C. (you said you wanted to be near a mall). It would probably take you no more than 10 minutes to get there from Kannapolis. Another 20 or 25 minutes from there and your'e in downtown Charlotte. Kannapolis is also a short drive (about 15 minutes) from Lake Norman. And with the NC Research Center coming to Kannapolis, I would imagine you'd see your property value increase over time. I think it would be worth taking into consideration.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:03 PM

116 posts, read 422,437 times
Here are some homes in Kannapolis in your $50K to $85K price range:

http://beta.re.com/ListingsWeb/Listi...OURCEID=220728
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte