Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:57 PM

116 posts, read 422,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOYAS View Post
I'm glad I only have to smell that after a night at the bars now. Some of the bars here in Phoenix don't allow smoking anymore. Do they allow smoking in bars in Charlotte? I'm assuming they do, since indoor smoking isn't completely banned....yet. Usually the bars are the last places to adopt these restrictions. As previous posters have said, I hope the trend catches on! (no offense to smokers!)
Bars in DC recently became smoke-free. Yaaay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 08:02 PM

362 posts, read 1,346,673 times
Geez...the past three or four posters said that they've eaten at the IHOP in Huntersville recently. Should I make sure that my hubby and I eat there when we visit Charlotte next month? Sounds like it's a hoppin place! I didn't realize IHOP was so popular in NC. Here, IHOP seems to be most crowded late at night, with the after-bar crowd. Always seemed kind of sketchy to me...but they have good chocolate chip pancakes! (You know, the ones that are *supposed* to be for the kids!)

Old 04-06-2007, 08:11 PM

116 posts, read 422,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOYAS View Post
Geez...the past three or four posters said that they've eaten at the IHOP in Huntersville recently. Should I make sure that my hubby and I eat there when we visit Charlotte next month? Sounds like it's a hoppin place! I didn't realize IHOP was so popular in NC. Here, IHOP seems to be most crowded late at night, with the after-bar crowd. Always seemed kind of sketchy to me...but they have good chocolate chip pancakes! (You know, the ones that are *supposed* to be for the kids!)
Well speaking for myself, my brother lives in Huntersville. I have to have breakfast every morning. But when I visit him, we sit around all morning at his place as I'm getting hungrier and hungrier, and there's no mention of breakfast, either by him or his wife. Finally I can't take it anymore and tell them, come on, we're going to IHOP, my treat. That's pretty much the only time I ever eat at IHOP.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:01 AM

192 posts, read 688,220 times
I would love to have a list of all the smoke free restaurants around Charlotte. Bob Evans in Rock Hill is smoke free on the weekends. That's where we take the kids. I'd love to know of other places to go.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:04 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,809,911 times
I think the Waffle House on Hwy 51 is smoke free if I'm not mistaken. I seem to remember being surprised when I walked in there last time

Old 04-07-2007, 10:08 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,843,968 times
The Outback in the Birkdale areas is now smoke free. I discovered this last night and was pleasantly surprised.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:18 PM

942 posts, read 1,396,723 times
If you want smoke free, you have to vote with your feet. If enough people wanted smoke free, it would happen, its the same in Oregon, suppose to be such a progressive state, and there is so much smoking in restaurants, mainly because there is a bar in so many restaurants. You have to let restaurants know your dislike for smoke, and that either way you turn it smoking section or non smoking, the smoke penetrates the area, and its the non smoker that always has to bow down to this one it seems, and tolerate it. Many people cannot even go out for a meal, for them it may not be just they find the smell annoying, it is a real health hazard for some that can trigger an asthma attack or other respitory problem . Its a shame when someone has to eat in a fast food place to get a meal and avoid cigarette smoke. Hopefully now that the charlotte airport has gone smoke free, it will happen in the rest of the state. I know wishful thinking.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggleflap View Post
I would love to have a list of all the smoke free restaurants around Charlotte. Bob Evans in Rock Hill is smoke free on the weekends. That's where we take the kids. I'd love to know of other places to go.
You can search a list of smoke free resaturants at goforatmosphere.com . You will be directed to the mecklenburg county health dept website.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:37 PM

14 posts, read 35,736 times
I agree that we need more non-smoking options. I will not take my family to many of my favorite restaurants (aka sports bars) because of this.

But the government should not mandate this. It should be up to entrepeneurs to make this happen and us non-smokers make it profitable!

The Park Lanes bowling alley now offers smoke free days on Saturday afternoons I pleasantly discovered last weekend. Also, Eddie's restaurant ( a great local owned place in Cotwolds and Ballantyne) has a non-smoking dinner now. I'm sure there are more options out there and more will pop up as we, the consumers demand it! Just leave the government out of telling business owners what to do.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:18 PM

72 posts, read 220,512 times
Ugh - I agree. Bars/clubs are the worst. There's been a big push in Chapel Hill for the last couple of years to get the bars smoke-free. Anyone know if there are advocacy groups/organizations pushing for the same thing here?

I've seen more and more "no longer a smoking facility" signs popping up in the area, but there are still so many places I love that I wish would cut down on the smoke. Just tonight, some friends and I went to Boardwalk Billy's in S. Charlotte, and although the food was great, I'm slightly regretting it for how nasty I smell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte