Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:01 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,931,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Awesome post!!! I love the people with the Bluetooth headsets who keep them on solely for the purpose of looking cool while they appear to be talking to themselves!!!!
The first time I passed a guy in the store with one of these on, seemingly muttering to himself, I thought, "Oh no, the Borgs have assimilated him!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 12:14 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,512,043 times
I think people just want others to know that they are not from THIS neck of the woods, they are cooler because they come from X,Y or Z.

This happens everywhere.

Sad but true,

dawn

Old 04-07-2007, 12:21 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,560,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The first time I passed a guy in the store with one of these on, seemingly muttering to himself, I thought, "Oh no, the Borgs have assimilated him!!!"
LM you MUST be the twin that I was seperated from at birth. I think the EXACT same thing when I see the bluetooth ear piece aka Borg Implant . I was going to mention it but didn't think there were to many trekkies here

Old 04-07-2007, 12:24 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,922,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
LM you MUST be the twin that I was seperated from at birth. I think the EXACT same thing when I see the bluetooth ear piece aka Borg Implant . I was going to mention it but didn't think there were to many trekkies here
I could never use one of those...wouldn't some people see me walking around seemingly talking to myself, my long hair covering the bluetooth, and think I was schitzo?

Old 04-07-2007, 12:32 PM

11 posts, read 44,526 times
Default Cellphones

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU. fIRST OF ALL, IT'S JUST DOWN RIGHT RUDE TO YELL A COUPLE AISLES OVER IN ANY PUBLIC PLACE........AND I AM COMPLETELY SICK OF WAITING ON PEOPLE(i work in the public) AND I HAVE TO STAND THERE AND WAIT WHILE THEY TALK ABOUT THINGS I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHEN I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO. USUALLY IF IT GOES ON TOO LONG, I SIMPLY MOVE ON TO THE NEXT CUSTOMER ...MOST FO THE TIME THE "CELL FREAKS" DON'T TAKE IT WELL. ONE OF THESE DAYS I'M GOING TO PULL OUT MY CELL PHONE WHILE IM WAITING AND HAVE A GOOD LONG PERSONAL CONVERSATION!!!!! NOT REALLY! BUT I'D SURE LOVE TO!

Last edited by oopsie2003; 04-07-2007 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,931,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - one day I couldn't resist and said to a guy in line in front of me - was it painful to assimilate?? It took him a second but then he just cracked up!

Old 04-07-2007, 08:30 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,848,040 times
Hey this thread is totally offensive to me. I use my phone and bluetooth excessively. I also forget I have the thing on and walk around in the stores with it. When I remember I do promptly remove it. I use my cell phone in the store when my wife sends me of for something I have no idea what//where it is or even what it is for. I use my phone in the store when my wife takes me shopping and a buddy calls. Shopping with my wife can be brutal. So with that said can't a guy catch a break?

Old 04-07-2007, 08:45 PM

536 posts, read 1,696,169 times
Dear Winston,

I swear that sounds like my Mother-in-Law - LOL

Old 04-07-2007, 09:37 PM

70 posts, read 213,170 times
I had to call my mom about a week ago to ask her what flavor coffee cream she wanted and pushed my hair over the phone and talked quietly and rushed!!! I've always felt like a fool using a cell phone in public...I usually turn it off in certain situations.

What I hate are the Nextel users that all you hear is "bleep" ....."hey, man" ...bleep "hey what you doing" "bleep" nothing, just checking out at Food Lion" bleep......at this point I expect normal people to say "hey let me call you in a few minutes when I'm done..." but no, that never happens....ha ha!!!

Maybe one time I'll hear something interesting on the bleep bleeps....hopefully!!!!

Old 04-08-2007, 09:15 AM

178 posts, read 876,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Hey this thread is totally offensive to me. I use my phone and bluetooth excessively. I also forget I have the thing on and walk around in the stores with it. When I remember I do promptly remove it. I use my cell phone in the store when my wife sends me of for something I have no idea what//where it is or even what it is for. I use my phone in the store when my wife takes me shopping and a buddy calls. Shopping with my wife can be brutal. So with that said can't a guy catch a break?
I kind of think your post was in jest- kind of not. So, I will give you my 2 cents on this subject.

I see this like my when I used to live in apartments with someone underneath me. As soon as I got home every night I removed my shoes & put on socks or slippers so as not to disturb the person downstairs. Did I have the RIGHT to stomp around in cowboy boots all night- sure. Would it have been the right thing to do-No.

So, do people have the Right to walk around blasting their private phone conversations in a public place-I guess so. Is it the Right thing to do-No. I have asked hundreds of people in my retail enviroment if it affected the enjoyment of their shopping experience to have to listen to a constant flow of phone conversations (and yes- most people speak more loudly on a cell for some reason) and every one of them said yes. So, in my store, we put up a small sign asking patrons that needed to take a call to please step outside to do so.

Manners and courtesy for others seems to be a dying way of life- how sad for all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte