Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2007, 10:56 PM

11 posts, read 24,536 times

Advertisements

Are there any taxi's or buses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 11:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie316 View Post
Are there any taxi's or buses?
yes of course You don't see many taxi's down in the suburbs, but they'll go there if you call them! Our buses are pretty nice, new and safe. Many commuters now take them to get out of traffic.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:09 PM

11 posts, read 24,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
yes of course You don't see many taxi's down in the suburbs, but they'll go there if you call them! Our buses are pretty nice, new and safe. Many commuters now take them to get out of traffic.
Thank you for the quick reply because my mom dosen't drive and I wanted to know. Thank you : )

Old 04-09-2007, 11:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,565,732 times
I find the buses are very safe they have cameras on them and I mostly felt safe. A few route numbers I use to use on a minimal basis. Cabs good luck with them there plenty of cab companies but LOL I always had trouble finding a good reliable one .

It been about 10 years since I cabbed in charlotte and I use to tip a certain driver so I could trust him to get me. I think diamond has unmarked cabs for those occasions you dont want a red flag your riding in a cab. Most of buses go into uptown a few village (suburb) buses. They run frequent m-f 6-7 and about half hour other times and weekends (varies per route). Here is the bus route, map info site http://ridetransit.org and most have bike racks as well.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:28 AM

41 posts, read 235,396 times
As a non-driver (grew up in NYC), I find the bus system here horrendous. VERY unreliable, infrequent service, hard to get around. I have made do with it, but it is really tough. Maybe it will be easier for your mom as she is one person-- I have two little ones and am always dragging a stroller and a diaper bag. After almost 3 years here, I have decided to (ulp!) learn to drive.

They are also working on a light rail line that is supposed to be starting up soon.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:30 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abejita View Post
As a non-driver (grew up in NYC), I find the bus system here horrendous. VERY unreliable, infrequent service, hard to get around. I have made do with it, but it is really tough. Maybe it will be easier for your mom as she is one person-- I have two little ones and am always dragging a stroller and a diaper bag. After almost 3 years here, I have decided to (ulp!) learn to drive.

They are also working on a light rail line that is supposed to be starting up soon.
It definitely doesn't run 24 hours a day, but other than that - horrendous? Maybe you don't live near a bus line and that is the problem? I'm just trying to figure out what is so "horrendous" about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte