Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:16 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,413,560 times

Advertisements

Are they taping it here? I'm guessing they would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 09:21 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,539,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordysmama View Post
My husband is going to go...
Woo hoo! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:23 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Yeah, count me in. I'll give this a whirl myself.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,755,519 times
I was actually all set to go to this. But now you all got me thinking about the prospect of actually getting on TV and ruining the family name in front of all humanity, LOL!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,539,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
I was actually all set to go to this. But now you all got me thinking about the prospect of actually getting on TV and ruining the family name in front of all humanity, LOL!!!
Okay, Blue . . . you are a wealth of info . . . and you write so well - I can't imagine you would get tongue-tied or shy in front of a camera!!! GO!!! Just cause I am an old poop doesn't mean you shouldn't step up and swing the bat! I don't know about you, but even $15,000 would be a nice gift at my house - and certainly worth the effort of auditioning. Most people really do walk away with some $$$, don't they?

Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 AM

630 posts, read 1,879,124 times
I've gone through this before so here's the rundown. The interviews and testing are here. The show will be taped in NYC and you have to pay for travel expenses at some later date.

When I did it in NYC, you got a specified time to show up (like 4:15). I guess here it's just going to be a cattle call.

You go in and they give you a form straight out of the SATs. Fill in the circles, #2 pencil, the whole bit. You are given a random booklet with questions (so no cheating off you're neighbor) and it was about 40 questions. They are not easy. If you watch the show they are mostly the 4K to 25K difficulty. You pass in your tests and they ran them through the scoring machine. They take the top maybe 5 or 10%. Then you go onto meet with a production assistant who asks you about yourself and sees if you're interesting enough to actually go on the show and if you have personality. They don't want some shy introvert on the show. They probably take 1 in 20 of this group to actually go on the show.

I ended up seeing the people from my group on TV a few months later it was like the crazy science teacher who sailed around the world or some crap. I was just a single white male engineer in his 20s so I wasn't particularly thrilling, I guess and never got called back to actually be on the show.

I'm still undecided on going, but I might.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexysteve View Post
I've gone through this before so here's the rundown. The interviews and testing are here. The show will be taped in NYC and you have to pay for travel expenses at some later date.

It doesn't sound like it if you look into the auditions part of their website.

Quote:
Millionaire will be traveling to cities across the country this summer. For locations and dates of these auditions check road auditions.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:34 AM

630 posts, read 1,879,124 times
Just the auditions are in Charlotte. Not the taping. It says in the rules

'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire', hosted by Meredith Vieira, Five Nights a Week!. Check your local listings!

It talks about how passing the test and interview puts you into a contestants pool. Then they may call you to be on the syndicated or primetime show.

"If a Potential Contestant meets all eligibility requirements, he/she will be qualified as a Contestant and will be given a date to come to New York City to appear on an episode(s) of the Program as a Contestant ("Tape Date"). Contestants must be available to travel to New York City for the Tape Date selected by the Game Sponsor and must remain available for tapings for the duration of their appearance on the Program. Contestants are solely responsible for making their own arrangements for travel to New York City, and for accommodations and transportation while appearing on the Program."

Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexysteve View Post
Contestants are solely responsible for making their own arrangements for travel to New York City, and for accommodations and transportation while appearing on the Program."

Well I'm thinking "screw that" now.

I'll still go on Monday. Still a story to tell.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:51 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,090,185 times
I came soooo incredibly close to auditioning when they came through Charlotte a year ago ... soooo close. But I chickened out at the last minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte