Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 PM

494 posts, read 1,348,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
But by the same token, in our neighborhood they are finishing completion this month on 10 new townhouse units which were all sold as of a couple of months ago. And people are still buying houses, but many sellers are getting the short end of the stick (its a buyers' market) so it is not like everyone is losing their houses and tent cities are popping up all over the state.

Tough times are kind of here already...they may get tougher, but we'll eventually bounce back. I don't think the US dollar will completely collapse and, while it makes sense to re-evaluate investments and the like, I think some people are simply starting to panic a little too much.

As for stocking up on ammo and supplies - we're good on that front, I still have my bomb shelter fully loaded from when I stocked up for Y2K
I really do not see how the US Dollar can make a comeback with all the spending, printing and pumping into the system that has taken place this year. With Cap n' Trade and National Healthcare I see nothing but the economy getting much, much worse. I really do hope and pray that I am wrong. I also see a ton of new deserted homes in my area which means more foreclosures ahead. :-(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 03:46 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
I really do not see how the US Dollar can make a comeback with all the spending, printing and pumping into the system that has taken place this year. With Cap n' Trade and National Healthcare I see nothing but the economy getting much, much worse. I really do hope and pray that I am wrong. I also see a ton of new deserted homes in my area which means more foreclosures ahead. :-(
The least they could do would be to legalize marijuana....
Sure would make the rest easy to take.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:00 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
As I drive around...walk around...or bike I start to get a little more scared each day. I see SO many houses being deserted...foreclosure signs up...the real estate listings in Union County are mind boggling. Tough times are ahead...and when the dollar collapses...scary times. We are going to start investing in Gold. I have some Trader friends who have been watching China closely as they are buying up Commodoties like crazy...it seems they are getting ready as well...as most Americans still have their heads in the sand.
It is amazing how many people are so complacent and keep reassuring themselves that everything is gonna be fine . . . things will turn around in a few months . . . etc. etc. Then I see what our President is doing w/ legislation and I get sick.

I read the legislation Obama has pushed . . . Cap & Trade, Healthcare Reform, Stimulus bill I (soon to be II?). . . and the outrageously punitive regs outlined in those bills makes my eyeballs pop out. I try to tell people but b/c mainstream media is not reporting it - people just shrug their shoulders in disbelief. I copy and paste quotes from the legislation that say such things as: No more FHA loans to houses that are not certified as energy compliant. Anyone listening? NO MORE FHA LOANS. The majority of loans made in this country are FHA loans.

No one wants to believe that our President is twisting arms in Congress to pass legislation that will literally put a stranglehold on the middle class of this country. Yet, people will listen to propaganda (and that is what it is! Political spin!) rather than take the time to read legislation that is going to impact every person in this country who owns a home, has a job, pays taxes . . .

"Part of the secret of being believed is in the size of your lie, since the broad masses of the people ...will more easily be taken in by a big lie than a small one." Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf

People say "no way - that can't happen." Well, just watch. We have a Prez who promised change. "Change we can believe in." And we are sho nuff gonna get it. Let's see how many folks out there believe it once it is law, and they can't sell their houses b/c they can't afford the new windows that cost $18,000 and are needed b/f their homes are certified as "energy compliant" . . . or their heat pump is not rated at high enuff SEER (or whever it is) and has to be replaced . . .

Then I bet we are all gonna be saying . . . "We got CHANGE, alright. Change we never believed could happen in America."

Old 07-15-2009, 04:08 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I read those Left Behind books. If the Rapture really happens I will probably be one of those left here but that will give me 7 more years to repent. I will be the world's biggest believer if that many people disappear in the blink of an eye.
It's gonna be tougher to repent then they'll kill you.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It is amazing how many people are so complacent and keep reassuring themselves that everything is gonna be fine . . . things will turn around in a few months . . . etc. etc. Then I see what our President is doing w/ legislation and I get sick.

I read the legislation Obama has pushed . . . Cap & Trade, Healthcare Reform, Stimulus bill I (soon to be II?). . . and the outrageously punitive regs outlined in those bills makes my eyeballs pop out. I try to tell people but b/c mainstream media is not reporting it - people just shrug their shoulders in disbelief. I copy and paste quotes from the legislation that say such things as: No more FHA loans to houses that are not certified as energy compliant. Anyone listening? NO MORE FHA LOANS. The majority of loans made in this country are FHA loans.

No one wants to believe that our President is twisting arms in Congress to pass legislation that will literally put a stranglehold on the middle class of this country. Yet, people will listen to propaganda (and that is what it is! Political spin!) rather than take the time to read legislation that is going to impact every person in this country who owns a home, has a job, pays taxes . . .

"Part of the secret of being believed is in the size of your lie, since the broad masses of the people ...will more easily be taken in by a big lie than a small one." Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf

People say "no way - that can't happen." Well, just watch. We have a Prez who promised change. "Change we can believe in." And we are sho nuff gonna get it. Let's see how many folks out there believe it once it is law, and they can't sell their houses b/c they can't afford the new windows that cost $18,000 and are needed b/f their homes are certified as "energy compliant" . . . or their heat pump is not rated at high enuff SEER (or whever it is) and has to be replaced . . .

Then I bet we are all gonna be saying . . . "We got CHANGE, alright. Change we never believed could happen in America."

Thank YOU!! I so appreciate when I hear someone who has their eyes wide open and gets what is going on around us. I am trying to stay positive for my children, but I am very scared what the future holds for us all.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:17 PM

873 posts, read 1,803,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Can you dress a deer?
I like 'em naked.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:18 PM

129 posts, read 338,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
How do you plan on surviving the upcoming US Dollar collapse?
By feeding trolls.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:20 PM

1,241 posts, read 2,320,535 times
Good. Maybe this will convince my wife to move to Europe.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:25 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
+1 Ani, what a mess

It is literally terrifying that all this legislation gets pushed through, sometimes in the middle of the night, and NO ONE is reading these bills.

Re-elect NOBODY.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
+1 Ani, what a mess

It is literally terrifying that all this legislation gets pushed through, sometimes in the middle of the night, and NO ONE is reading these bills.

Re-elect NOBODY.
I agree...they ALL need to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte