Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 02:55 PM

6 posts, read 17,285 times

Advertisements

Just found what looks to be a nice townhouse off Archdale Rd just east of I-77 at Exit 4. Community looks nice and I know its relatively new (4-5 years old) but some searching on here leads me to believe this area isnt the best. I will be visiting next weekend and might take a look in person, but I wanted some locals opinion on that area. Is it safe? Is there a high likelihood of getting robbed or vandalized?

Any input would be great!

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 03:38 PM

6 posts, read 74,393 times
I am not sure about the particular complex but the are MANY complexes right around there (Lexington Green and others) that are pretty bad. The crime around the mini-mart on archdale and the hotel by 77 are bad also. That said, the area could be on the way up and it is centrally located to alot of things in Charlotte. I am not sure if it would be worth the risk though.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:57 PM

Thanks for the input, this isnt an apartment complex it looks like privately owned townhouses. Its on Fernhill Dr if that helps.

Thanks for the input! Anyone else???

Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,286 times
I would say it's a little rougher toward the Nation Ford Road side as opposed to South Boulevard. Did a quick search for Fernhill Drive and Green Ivy Lane and it seemed fairly tame. As with any park any where, I wouldn't walk around there at night.

http://maps.cmpdweb.org/cmpdnet/quicksearch.aspx (broken link)

You can search the exact address and see what calls police have received in the last month, year, etc. I think it goes back to 2007. That area is due for a comeback. The older houses are large and well-built and it is within walking distance of the light rail. Still, some of the apt. complexes near the Nation Ford side are a bit rough.

Non-aggravated Assault6 Hit and Run2 Larceny-Other2 Larceny from Building1 Other Criminal Charge1 Possession of Marijuana1 Vandalism1

Old 07-30-2009, 07:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkygreen View Post
Thanks for the input, this isnt an apartment complex it looks like privately owned townhouses. Its on Fernhill Dr if that helps.

Thanks for the input! Anyone else???
Just being honest with you honey, I would not personally live there. Are male or female? For a woman I would be especially careful, sorry. What is your price range, maybe we can suggest other options.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:05 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times
I am native of charlotte and lived on that side of town(nations ford road) for 40 years. The area you mention has had problems for many years and become worse with the MAJOR INCREASE of "illegals" found mostly on the south Blvd side. I recall the 2 young girls kidnaped and later found dead and raped from some apartments located one block north of old pinville road and ARCHDALE. You should visit the nearest shopping center anytime especially on Friday night or Saturday and you will think you are in El Paso or worse....Much better places can be found than this area most likely for the same money....If you go to the I77 end you find it an area favored by prositutes and thuds.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:24 AM

Thanks for confirming my thoughts everyone.

To answer lovesmountains Im male, but will have a girlfriend living with me and the nature of my job keeps me out of town quite a bit so I definitely want a safer area.

I am looking for:
3BR , 1300+ Sq Ft, Like the idea of a community pool but isnt a necessity. No kids yet so school system is unimportant. Hoping to hover around the $1000/mo range give or take $100 bucks. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: