Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:08 PM

99 posts, read 395,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
If you've even taken drivers ed, you should be able to pass the NC test easily. I walked in with no prep and missed 1.. It's not hard at all. It's multiple choice. Common sense, driving experience and driver's ed.
It has been many years since driver's ed! Plus we are from NYC - I can honestly say I NEVER learned how to pass a farm vehicle when I did take driver's ed! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 05:29 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,213,098 times
Back to the point at hand is that it is not possible to answer all of the questions on the test from some kind of deduction no matter how good a driver you are. They will ask questions like what percentage of drivers die in NC each year from car accidents related to drunk driving. No way to figure out the answer to that question. They do this because they want you to read the book.

The bottom line is you have to get the handbook and at least study the multiple choice questions at the end of each chapter. The questions from the test are taken directly from there. You can view the handbook online now so you don't need to go to the DMV to buy one. Make sure you study the signs also. The eye test in part will show you a bunch of signs with no lettering and you have to say what they are.

This is the link for the handbook. NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles: Driver Handbook

Old 08-11-2009, 07:52 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,404 times
TO each his own. I moved here when I was 37ish, took driver's ed when I was 16 (might have been 15) and missed 1 question. I don't think the test is hard and it is possible to pass the test based on prior driving education. If you drive the way you are supposed to, then what you learned in drivers ed should be second nature.

I think what bothered me about the question is that it sounded like where's the cheat sheet for the test?? I know it's minor, but that seems to be a problem in our culture period. Just give me the answers so I can pass the test. Who cares about understanding the material. It's a problem in high schools, I see it at the university level and its a problem in other areas of life. That's probaly why we have so many accidents and you've seen people in this forum trying to defend their bad driving decisions. People don't know the proper way to make a U Turn, who has the right away at a 4 way stop, 3 way stop, How much distance do you need between you and the car in fron of you when on the freeway, when can you legally make a left hand turn on a 2 way street, a one way street, car seat regulations, etc... If you drive, you should know what a stop sign symobol looks like, a yield symbol, merging traffic symbol. If you're rusty, read the book. For your sake and the rest of us that share the road with you.

OK... I'm off my soap box now. I'm a decent not perfect driver, I've been ticketed too. This must be one of my pet peeves. ;-)

ETA: this isn't directed at the OP. Just my commentary and observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Back to the point at hand is that it is not possible to answer all of the questions on the test from some kind of deduction no matter how good a driver you are. They will ask questions like what percentage of drivers die in NC each year from car accidents related to drunk driving. No way to figure out the answer to that question. They do this because they want you to read the book.

The bottom line is you have to get the handbook and at least study the multiple choice questions at the end of each chapter. The questions from the test are taken directly from there. You can view the handbook online now so you don't need to go to the DMV to buy one. Make sure you study the signs also. The eye test in part will show you a bunch of signs with no lettering and you have to say what they are.

This is the link for the handbook. NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles: Driver Handbook

Old 02-25-2015, 10:50 PM

1 posts, read 910 times
A braindump is a web site dedicated to cheating on a test technician certification or proof. The questions and correct answers site lists taken directly from the tests themselves.

http://i62.tinypic.com/301ij9x.png
Attached Files
File Type: txt cima.txt (35 Bytes, 99 views)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte