Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 04:07 PM

106 posts, read 148,905 times

Advertisements

Did they? Or is it the senior active retirement community down Fullwood that you're referring to?

Last edited by Sgt Campsalot; 08-11-2015 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 03:45 PM

186 posts, read 287,515 times
I think Cov Day is expanding, and also the senior community further down.

I don't have a dog in the hunt because I'm perfectly happy with my kids' public school. But, from a slight bit of research, word of mouth, and driving past both schools each day, I'd choose Charlotte Christian hands down.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:48 AM

797 posts, read 3,296,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnlv17 View Post
I can tell you, as a Covenant Day School parent with an eighth grader that has been at CDS since Kindergarten, it is one of the best private school choices in the Charlotte area. The kids walk through the bible every day, the teachers and staff are caring, loving and understanding of the stages the kids go through at each level of their development. CDS's academics are honed to give each child their highest potential in learning and parent-teacher communication is highly regarded. Someone posted above that CDS is "small" (we have a 800+ enrollment and our class ratio is 18-22) and will not offer "all the college prep advantages that a school like Charlotte Christian does"; I beg to differ on that point. Covenant Day has a state of the art High School with every high school student assigned their own personal computer notebook. Another poster pointed out that CDS is "not as popular or diverse as Charlotte Christian"; we do not strive to be "popular" at Covenant Day School, we strive to do what we do best and that is teach the Word, teach the academics and teach the individual child. As far as diversity goes, CDS has lots of different nationalities. Skin color is only one inidication of birth origin. Check out the facts on diversity, you'll see a lot at CDS. Yes, you get what you pay for, and if learning God's truth, rigorous academics, college prep courses, fine athletics and warm, caring staff is included in your list of wants for a private Christian school, then CDS is the school for your family.

If you check the stats from both schools, Covenant Day posts 3% diversity(which is actually the lowest percentage in all the top private schools in south charlotte). Charlotte Christian posts 18% diversity. My child goes to neither school but does go to one of the other private schools and he has 34% diversity. It really depends on what you are looking for in a school. Diversity was important to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte