Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 06:19 PM

3 posts, read 9,853 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are in the process of searching for our first home (working with a fabulous agent) and are currently renting in Matthews. We are looking in the Indian Trail area and have come across several homes in our price range in Meriweather and Cascades. Anyone have any information on these neighborhoods? My husband was told by a co-worker to avoid Meriweather because of "undesirables" in that neighborhood but we were looking for some other opinions. We would like opinions on Cascades as well if anyone has any! Thanks in advance!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 10:55 AM

155 posts, read 229,553 times
Undesirables? that's so not true, we recently moved to Meriwether, and love it!
We have really nice neighbors. Stay on the side opposite of the pool. We have mostly older adults, and really nice families here.
PM me if you want some more info.
BTW- the HOA is great, and easy to deal with!

Old 08-16-2009, 06:58 PM

529 posts, read 1,979,372 times
My bother in law lives in Meriweather and likes it. The homes are super close though. You have lots of options in this end of UC. Indian Trail, Hemby Bridge, Stallings, Monroe and so on. Good luck!

Old 09-26-2009, 06:52 PM

43 posts, read 118,309 times
Meriweather, of course people that live there are going to say it's great, because they want to protect their values from declining further. Meriweather is known for having a large amount of "undesirables". I have known several people that have bought in there only to regret it. Check out the neighborhood and see how many foreclosures they have had in the past 2 years and the ratio of rental properties to owner occupied. It is in a good school district however. If you are looking to buy in the area, try to buy in a neighborhood that is not mass produced and has held its own as far as values. There are some foreclosures on the market, ask your realtor to show you a few. There is a chance that Meriweather might turn around. Just don't know when.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:05 PM

3 posts, read 9,853 times
Thanks to everyone for your replies! We decided to buy a house in Cranston Crossing and are closing this Friday. It's a fairly small neighborhood and we are very excited to move in. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte