Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 AM

35 posts, read 127,386 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a link to a map showing the jnewly completed section of highway 16 end at Optimist Club Road?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 12:08 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,351,628 times
Try either Mapquest or the local stores. There is one at 16 and Killian Farms that may be of some assistance. Based upon my travels , it continues beyond the prior ending and goes to Hickory. I may be mistaken , it has been over a year since I've been up there. Good Luck in your endeavours!!

Old 08-24-2009, 05:06 AM

624 posts, read 2,108,247 times
I live just off of Optimist Road, I doubt any online map would be updated - the part of 16 just opened up there last month. The street I currently live on has been extended for over a year now and still doesn't show up on Google Maps.

The only map I would think that would be updated to show that currently 16 ends at Optimist Road might be one from NCDOT.

As a side note: Make sure you are plenty awake when you get to the end of the line, because the way the intersection is set up can be quite confusing the first couple times you go through. If you are headed toward the "old" 16 then you'll want to take a Right at the intersection onto Optimist Club Road, go about a mile and take a left at the first stop sign which will lead you to a traffic light for the "old" 16.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:02 AM

146 posts, read 474,242 times
The continuation only goes about 2 miles north of Hwy 73. Thats it. They are continuing to grade more of the northern sections in preparation for paving. Not sure when. I am certain that the maps would not have been updated yet.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 AM

35 posts, read 127,386 times
Thanks-is there any advantage right now to using this small new section of 16 over just continuing to drive the old 16?

Old 08-24-2009, 12:31 PM

624 posts, read 2,108,247 times
Taking the new little 2 miles segment just helps you avoid the four traffic lights between the Walmart and Lowes that you'd normally hit if you got off at 73. Plus speed limit is 55 on the new section and considering there is basically no traffic it just cuts a little time off.

Until it gets extended to 150 it'll have little value...unless you're lucky like me and live near it so it cuts my commute down when heading to and from the airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte