Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 07:16 AM

2 posts, read 18,488 times

Advertisements

Doubleblessings:
We Are Getting The Same Treatment....let's Talk And Compare Notes...
Would Love To Talk With You ... Please Contact Us On This Site...
I Am Sure Things Have Not Gotten Any Better For You....we Have Not Been Able To Get Anything Done For Months ! What Is Happening At Your Site ?
(dreamsarefree )

Old 07-31-2007, 07:50 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebuilderAHP View Post
I am a Superintendent/Construction manager for AHP and it's hard to sit here and read this nonsense. First of all let me asure you that I am not here to win over potential customers, we have hundreds of those daily. Secondly, we are not in the business to "rip people off". Personally, I build all of the houses that are assigned to me as if they were mine and I treat the customers the way I would want to be treated. Although we do have over 40 offices in the southeast, we are all required to have the same 2 week training course that is conducted at the corporate office in Gainesville, GA.. Thats for Superintendents, General managers and Building Consultants. Customer service is one of the main issues and it is incorporated in all aspects of this company. A little about the contract. It is impossible to come up with a final and definite price. Things happen in construction that could make the price go up and cause delays. That happens with any builder and in any part of the country. Thats why we basically give two seperate prices, one for the entire house (which includes everything from 4 courses of block for the foundation and everything for the house) and one for lot improvements - getting the lot ready to build the house and septic tank. The one price for the lot improvements is just an estimate, thats where the "things could happen" part comes in. It doesn't always happen but it does happen from time to time especially in the mountains, like digging the footer for example. I have ran in to boulders that we had to blast out and didn't catch that for the lot improvement price, so obviously the price had to go up and the build time went up. That is one of many examples. Again, we are not here to rip people off, we all love our jobs and want to make everone happy with their house and the price.

Not to contradict you, but I just do not understand the statement "it is impossible to come up with a final and definite price". This is ridiculous, especially to say this happens "with any builder". I have built two homes with reputable builders in the last few years and each time at the signing of the contract we had a final price. The day we closed that price was what we paid. Your company sounds fishy to me.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
moderator note:

Due to original poster has there question answered. Thank you for all those who have shared there input.

As per Terms of Service we all agreed to upon registering:
Quote:
This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.
If you have a consumer issue please use http://consumeraffairs.com/ to address your concerns

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-17-2007 at 10:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte