Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 06:18 AM

80 posts, read 239,045 times

Advertisements

First of all I'm new to posting on this forum so hi

We have a contract on a piece of land (2 acres) near Denver and we are looking at home builders. One we have found is America's Home place. The prices are far below other stick builders we've found. Do you have any positive or negative experiences with them?
Also, do you have any other builders you would recommend? Let me be clear, we aren't the type that are building a 700,000 custom built lake home.
We need an affordable (200,000-225,000) home.
Thank you so much for your help!

Old 05-05-2007, 07:56 AM

219 posts, read 965,501 times
We are working with America's Home Place in Hickory . We are building in Taylorsville. Originally, we were going with modular but after much research
( by DH) we are going with America's home place. We are just starting to build but it seems like a good company . It appears to be a good value for your money.

Melissa

Old 05-13-2007, 03:24 PM

4 posts, read 44,590 times
Exclamation You Should Keep Looking

I am only one - of the many that have fallen victim to Americas Home Place.
I suggest going to Ripoff Report: By Consumers, For Consumers, and searching their database for
Americas Home Place, also check under "Home Place".

The odds of getting a quality home, at best... is highly unlikely. The odds of
getting honest and/or timely service, well...
That's right. They simply don't care if you meet your closing date. It's not
their money they are wasting.

As for their arbitration clause.

Guess what. You, will be as I "was"; screwed.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 07-08-2007 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: unsubstantiated assertions

Old 05-13-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicJustice View Post
I am only one - of the many that have fallen victim to Americas Home Place.
I suggest going to Ripoff Report: By Consumers, For Consumers, and searching their database for
Americas Home Place, also check under "Home Place".

The odds of getting a quality home, at best... is highly unlikely. The odds of
getting honest and/or timely service, well...
That's right. They simply don't care if you meet your closing date. It's not
their money they are wasting.

As for their arbitration clause.
Guess what. You, will be as I "was"; screwed.
Can you explain futher the situation that happened and what was the final result?
Thanks
Melissa

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 07-08-2007 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: unsubstantiated assertions

Old 05-14-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeckoff1 View Post
Can you explain further the situation that happened and what was the final result?
Thanks
Melissa
You can feel free to check the posts for Americas Home Place at
www.ripoffreport.com.
Check under "Home Place" also. You will see even more victims.
I believe the information you find posted at www.ripoffreport.com
will answer any questions you have.

As for a 'final result'... the Jury is still in discussion.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:20 PM

2 posts, read 26,770 times
Run as fast as you can in the other direction. They are building my house now, gouging me, overcharging, about $25,000 more than they said it would cost and already 2 months past the time they said it would be finished & they haven't even put up drywall yet. I am contacting the BBB and anyone else I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleblessings View Post
First of all I'm new to posting on this forum so hi

We have a contract on a piece of land (2 acres) near Denver and we are looking at home builders. One we have found is America's Home place. The prices are far below other stick builders we've found. Do you have any positive or negative experiences with them?
Also, do you have any other builders you would recommend? Let me be clear, we aren't the type that are building a 700,000 custom built lake home.
We need an affordable (200,000-225,000) home.
Thank you so much for your help!

Old 05-24-2007, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastreet View Post
Run as fast as you can in the other direction. They are building my house now, gouging me, overcharging, about $25,000 more than they said it would cost and already 2 months past the time they said it would be finished & they haven't even put up drywall yet. I am contacting the BBB and anyone else I can.

I am confused. Don't you have a contract as to the final price?
What did they say was the delay in getting started?
Which location are you deaing with?
Melissa

Old 05-24-2007, 11:10 AM

80 posts, read 239,045 times
I would love to know your which office your dealing with as well.
I think we are going to pull out of our contract. The guy in the office told us the house would appraise for a certain amount. Well, we just had an appraiser go and appraise it and came back 50,000 lower than what he said.
That's a red flag to me!

Old 05-24-2007, 08:48 PM

Exclamation BBB is a wast of time, contact HADD

The BBB is a joke. As the BBB told me, "they are nothing more than mediators, with no power to do anything".

For all of you here on this board, I suggest contacting HADD.

You can go to
www.hadd.com
to contact them, and can search their database for more complaints about Americas Home Place. [check under 'Home Place', there as well].

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastreet View Post

Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 PM

573 posts, read 2,443,701 times
Default America's Home Place

VicJustice, where are you building your home? We are using the Hickory office and haven't had a single problem since we started 6 weeks ago. The GC sends us pictures twice a week and we have friends in the area that check out the house once a week. We live in Florida and I understand how it is to be jerked around. We had a pool put in here 5 years ago and the company filed bankrupty and we lost 10K and so did 20 other customers. The owner embezzled 1/2 million of people's money. May I ask when in the building process did things start going sour for you? We have been cautious ever since our bad experience and haven't noticed any red flags yet. Our appraisal only came in 2K lower than expected, not really a big deal. They never told us they would just "write" an amount in in order to get more financing power. I'm not doubting you, but I am very curious as we have invested a lot of money into our new home...Please reply. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte