Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 11:59 AM

714 posts, read 2,306,542 times

Advertisements

I joined up with Twitter awhile back (yeah same username) and I'm surprised to see that there's a very active Charlotte Twitter community.

CLT "Tweeps" (as they're called) include marketing professionals, restaurant owners, politicians, media personalities, weathermen, journalists and just average people (like me) who are getting to know their neighbors.

So some questions for you guys:

1. Do you use Twitter?

2. What's your username there?

3. Do you follow other Charlotte Twitter users?

4. If so, who are your favorites? Some of mine are @wxbrad, @cara, @mrsjennyo, @CLTDining, @prettyannoyed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 12:10 PM

1,241 posts, read 2,321,762 times
I have never used twitter but if its like facebook wall then its like that phone commercial. People posting nonsense.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:13 PM

Sepulgeek - Yes, some Twitter users can post nonsense, but I have found that by following restaurant owners, the local fire departments and folks like CLT Dining and CLT Happy Hour, I get a lot more information about what's going on in Charlotte. For instance, found out about Olde Mecklenburg Brewery's Oktoberfest last weekend from their feed, and I get a feed of specials for restaurants I like, etc.

Your Twitter feed (the feed of other user's posts that you see when you logon into Twitter) is what you make of it. If someone's posting nonsense, you "unfollow" them.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:15 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
1. Do you use Twitter?

Yes, but only to follow. I don't tweet anything

2. What's your username there?

I don't care to share this info

3. Do you follow other Charlotte Twitter users?

No, I only follow Opie, Anthony and Jim Norton. Now that I am thinking about it I need to see if Rich Vos & Louie CK have accounts

4. If so, who are your favorites? Some of mine are @wxbrad, @cara, @mrsjennyo, @CLTDining, @prettyannoyed

Old 10-21-2009, 12:17 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Yes, I tweet and am gonna look you up and add ya right now!!!!!

I follow all sorts of local folks/businesses that apply to my work . . . as well as national and international folks whose work/info is helpful to me.

ETA: can't get on Twitter - message: Twitter is over capacity!!! LOL!!

Old 10-21-2009, 12:20 PM

Hah, Ani - I'll warn you, I probably post "nonsense" by some standards. Though I do try to pass along good CLT finds when I get them! And I don't post a lot. One account I was following, who is a Charlotte area "reposter" of deals, etc. posted 20 things at a time sometimes... had to unfollow him. Just can't take that MUCH in my feed.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:23 PM

Okay, Diertac - following you - see if you have any trouble finding me, lol!!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 12:25 PM

Hah! Can't miss the auburn hair, great to see your face! Following back (of course!) Had no idea about your magazine launch, awesome!

Old 10-21-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Hah, Ani - I'll warn you, I probably post "nonsense" by some standards. Though I do try to pass along good CLT finds when I get them! And I don't post a lot. One account I was following, who is a Charlotte area "reposter" of deals, etc. posted 20 things at a time sometimes... had to unfollow him. Just can't take that MUCH in my feed.
I think the most I have ever posted in a day was 5 tweets. I gather more info than disseminate it.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Hah! Can't miss the auburn hair, great to see your face! Following back (of course!) Had no idea about your magazine launch, awesome!
Yeah, have some preliminary stuff on FB (you can find me there, too) and a wordpress blog. It is turning out to be a lot of work to get the actual website like I want it. I hope I will have CD friends who will want to contribute to my online magazine! It in no way competes w/ CD . . . totally different reason for existing.

Look forward to seeing you on Twitter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: