Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 06:46 AM

5 posts, read 7,556 times

Advertisements

We are currently in Union county-waxhaw and are going to be selling (hopefully) and moving to a smaller, more affordable home. It is really hard to find a home in the 175k-200k range in waxhaw. All we need is a 3bed 2.5bath home with a bonus or loft. New or resale. We have been looking at Bonterra Villiage in Ind Trail and other parts of that town as well as Wesley Chapel, Weddington and Matthews.

Anyone have some insight as to how the schools are in those other areas. I know that Weddington, Marvin, Cuthbertson, Kensington are all great schools-just don't know how realistic being in those areas is for us since our price point is lower.

Curious about Piedmont MS & HS, Poplin Elem, Waxhaw Elem, etc are doing? Great schools seems to say they are all fine schools. Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 07:20 AM

123 posts, read 329,057 times
You can find homes in Camberly in you price range and get the Cuthbertson schools. You can also do well in Wesley Oaks and New Towne Village and get the Wedington Sschools.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:39 AM

Camberly is nice but just not giving me a great feel. I love the oaks on providence and some of the houses are in our range. I just worry about waxhaw elem. we are in kensington and it is such a great school! do you know anything about waxhaw elem?

Old 11-19-2009, 07:17 PM

293 posts, read 959,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLifeNC View Post
You can find homes in Camberly in you price range and get the Cuthbertson schools. You can also do well in Wesley Oaks and New Towne Village and get the Wedington Sschools.

Wesley Oaks and New Towne Village are assigned for Cuthberston schools.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:27 AM

I didn't know wesley oaks was. I will have to check that out. I thought they were in the 300k+ range, but I could be wrong! Thanks...

Old 11-20-2009, 08:57 PM

64 posts, read 122,695 times
We're in Crismark in Indian Trail and love it. You can get a LOT of house for your money

Old 11-23-2009, 07:20 AM

When driving through IT (which we really haven't explored fully) all that seems to be around is Hwy 74. Is this the only main road in IT? It just isn't very pretty of a road so it is really hard for me to get a feel for the area. I need to go back and really drive around. How are the schools out that way?

Old 11-23-2009, 02:02 PM

64 posts, read 122,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohddear1 View Post
When driving through IT (which we really haven't explored fully) all that seems to be around is Hwy 74. Is this the only main road in IT? It just isn't very pretty of a road so it is really hard for me to get a feel for the area. I need to go back and really drive around. How are the schools out that way?
The biggest road nearby is 74 but we don't use it too often. We use 51, Idlewild, and 485 a lot. I really don't care if the roads are pretty so I guess I've never noticed. Large roads aren't usually all that attractive unless you're paying too much to live where you live ie: Ballantyne.

Most Union county schools are great. The majority of the teens in this area go to Porter Ridge or Piedmont which are both excellent schools. Hemby Bridge Elementary is a great school too. Both Porter Ridge and Piedmont have great family participation, sports and arts etc.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:10 PM

58 posts, read 258,365 times
Bent Creek in Indian Trail is nice. It is near Bonterra, off of Indian Trail-Fairview past Idlewild. Porter Ridge middle/high and Hemby Bridge Elementary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte