Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 03:06 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,832,220 times

Advertisements

Michaels won hands down!

Last year when I went to buy garland for our stair railings I was too late and no one had anything left. So yesterday I popped into Gardenridge. They had a 7 foot strand of garland for $14.99. Pretty plain nothing special, just greenery. So another gal that was looking said she was going to Michaels, hmmm. So I thought I should do the same. Sure enough they had a nice 7 foot strand that looked much more realistic with pinecone accents, which were $16.99 a strand but were 50% off, SCORE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 03:08 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,529,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Michaels won hands down!

Last year when I went to buy garland for our stair railings I was too late and no one had anything left. So yesterday I popped into Gardenridge. They had a 7 foot strand of garland for $14.99. Pretty plain nothing special, just greenery. So another gal that was looking said she was going to Michaels, hmmm. So I thought I should do the same. Sure enough they had a nice 7 foot strand that looked much more realistic with pinecone accents, which were $16.99 but were 50% off, SCORE!
Oh, wow. I wonder if they will have any left if I don't get there til tomorrow.

Yes, GOOD FIND, Nancy!

Old 11-19-2009, 03:13 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,832,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh, wow. I wonder if they will have any left if I don't get there til tomorrow.

Yes, GOOD FIND, Nancy!
I took the last 8 strands they had at the Arboritum store. Not sure if they have more in back? I measured my railings and bought one extra strand, just in case. I figured it's easier to return an extra than find an extra one.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:42 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,354,517 times
They typically have good deals at the Arboretum store. When I worked there , there was a sale twice a week.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:00 PM

14 posts, read 40,793 times
Michaels has really nice garland as does Black Lion in Pineville.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:47 AM

415 posts, read 1,151,278 times
Just a public service announcement to the fellows out there. If you are looking for something for the yard, garden or patio, you won't find it at Garden Ridge. In fact, there is just about nothing that relates to either "Garden" or "Ridge" in that godforsaken place. The only plants you will find are fake.

Don't fall for it like I did. There is absolutely NOTHING in that place that would interest a guy.

Oh, and you'd be hard pressed to find any pottery at the "Pottery Barn".

Just thought you should know.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:56 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,354,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfort food View Post
just a public service announcement to the fellows out there. If you are looking for something for the yard, garden or patio, you won't find it at garden ridge. In fact, there is just about nothing that relates to either "garden" or "ridge" in that godforsaken place. The only plants you will find are fake.

Don't fall for it like i did. There is absolutely nothing in that place that would interest a guy.

Oh, and you'd be hard pressed to find any pottery at the "pottery barn".

Just thought you should know.

lol!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte